Are you one of top Software Architects in the world? Do enjoy solving the incredibly complex problems that no one else has been able to complete? Are you 10x more productive than the typical developer? Are you interested in earning $100,000 USD while working for the best companies from the comfort of your home? Eager to join a network of the most talented remote workers in the world? If so, this role is for you. Company Description
Crossover is redefining the way people work. A future where all high-skill jobs go to the cloud and big-data is used to help individuals and teams become more and more productive. Brick and mortar offices are history. The future of our workforce is global and will be built from teams collaborating from every corner of the world. We have embarked on an expedition to find and engage with that talent and are now in over 108 different countries. Crossover has developed a unique method of finding, curating, and managing cloud talent. Our platform connects customers to the world’s best people for both technical and non-technical jobs. But we don’t just find the best, we also provide the tools, training, and relationship building support to ensure success for long term growth.
You will be responsible for developing solutions to complex architectural problems, designing and delivering real enterprise-class software products to customers and being a hands-on peer leader of top development resources. As the owner for the architecture and technical delivery of a multi-million dollar revenue per year enterprise software product, you will effectively work as the CTO of the engagement with a startup mindset, wearing multiple hats from lead architect and developer on the most complex elements of the product to technical team leader to solution evangelist ensuring that the customers are blown away by the technical differentiation and quality of the product.
What We Are Looking For:
We need a technical genius who thrives in an entrepreneurial environment and in solving complex problems for customers with high expectations. The position is only a great fit for someone who takes a truly hands-on approach to product development, design and engineering. It's a great opportunity to secure a high impact technical lead role in an expanding global software company that is growing both organically and through acquisition.
Your key responsibilities will be:
Required Experience and Education:
- Developing expertise in one or more of our proprietary enterprise software products.
- Leveraging your broad technology capability set and maintain a level of excitement in using various technologies to architect, develop, and iteratively deploy real enterprise class software
- Achieving an expert level understanding of our customers’ environments and their use of our products.
- Architecting and leading weekly technical delivery of one or more products in a way that maintains an unyielding focus on quality while matching the needs of the target customer base.
- Creating solutions architecture, algorithms, and designs for solutions that scale to the customers enterprise/global requirements
- Leading a small team of Software Engineers to apply software engineering practices and implement automations across all elements of solution delivery
- Manage accountability of team members, with pinpoint focus on quality; Personally accountable for resolution of the most technically challenging issues
- Ensuring our customers are supremely confident in the advantages and quality of our product and solution, and the technical services you lead to deliver them.
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Experience with Cloud architecture and DevOps
- At least 8 years of experience in hands-on C++ programming in both linux and windows environments.
- Network programming experience.
- Proficient in TDD, NoSQL, Relational DBs (MSSQL, MySQL, Oracle), SOA, EDA, and design patterns
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools, including virtual environments, source control, remote development, issue tracking, build and test automation, and networking management
- A true "roll up the sleeves and get it done" working approach; demonstrated success as a problem solver, operating as a result-oriented, self-starter
- Comfort "working virtually" with teammates and customers around the world
Compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
Crossover is one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight commute traffic again and now have the freedom to choose when and where to work 40 hours each week.
To qualify, you will undergo a competitive tournament-style test that will separate rockstar Architects from the crowd. We will run a tournament and rank you against hundreds of your peers. You will have a specific time window to complete your testing - testing requires 3-5 hours to complete. We will then notify you if you have passed to the final round of interviews.
To begin, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. Then, create your applicant account and come back to complete your testing. There will be a series of online examinations and a final interview. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?
Crossover is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.