Our client has signed a 5-year O&M contract to operate a new cement plant in Kuwait, incorporating a full organization to implement a complete maintenance strategy and technical back-up, as well as delivery of spare parts and consumables. The agreement covers a new 150 tph grinding station in Kuwait. The grinding station has been also delivered by our client and consists of a UMS ball mill, a Ventomatic packing plant and material handling equipment. They are currently looking to hire a CCR Operator in Kuwait.
Duties and Responsibilities
· Behave in accordance with the 10 Safety rules established by the FLS group.
· Working to the safety standards of the Plant and the legal requirements of the country.
· Responsibility for ensuring that the operation of the Cement Milling systems remains within the
· Environmental operating limits.
· In the event of any plant emergency, understand and implement the emergency response plan.
· Ensuring good housekeeping with the working area.
· Operation Plant equipment from commissioning, starts- up's, shutdown's, and emergency condition, according to established SOP's in order to meet production KPI's.
· Operating the Plant to the process parameters set by the Production Manager and providing precise and clear log reports for shift handover and day shift departments as set out.
· Monitor continuously, all plant process lines using all available tools to ensure employee safety, stable equipment operation, equipment integrity within prescribed design limitations, operating targets, and environmental regulations.
· Conduct quality analysis (Finesse /Free Lime/LOI) etc. of cement raw material and take cement samples according to the sampling procedure during shifts.
· Control product quality at all stages of the Cement Grinding process by having a clear understanding of the targets, and the levers that are used to control the targets, along with the appropriate decision making process based on the impact of each lever.
· Working in conjunction with the shift laboratory staff to monitor, and maintain process remains within targets.
· Informing Shift Coordinator of any deviations from the process or quality targets implementing defined corrective actions and if necessary, contacting appropriate specialist (Process or Quality)
· Assessing any faults through the control system contacting shift support teams directly or through the Shift Coordinator, depending criticality and availability
· Coordinate plant resources to troubleshoot, inspect, and maintain plant equipment as required, to meet production demands and prevent failures.
· Take part in cross functional route cause analysis meetings for plant problems or failures
· Maintain awareness of the automation system control strategy and makes recommendations for continuous improvement.
· Maintain awareness of plant operating costs. Considers these costs regularly in the decision making process.
· Undertake regular training to enhance skills and increase flexibility to operate in all areas of the process.
· Coach and support trainees as and when required.
· Provide sickness and absence cover when required and be prepared to work additional hours.
Cross Functional Activities & communication
· Attend and actively participate in daily Operations meeting with Production Shift Coordinator & Shift Foreman, & Quality department to assess the previous 24 hour performance.
· Participate actively in shift meeting & ensure that all critical safety & equipment abnormalities are communicated
· Analysis of Tracking tool parameters & provide written reasons for parameters not achieved.
· Follow-up on activities to be completed on the same shift
· Communicate effectively with all levels of the plant organization in both verbal and written formats..
· Zero LTI's
· Operate Mill within Tracking Tool Operating Targets
· Production results (production amount, energy consumption, etc.) in order to comply with contract requirements.
Achieve quality targets
Knowledge and specific Experience:
· Process /Chemical Engineer Technician or equivalent,
· Safety Qualification
· Major: Process/Chemistry
· CCR Operator on cement plant.
· 3 years minimum Operating Cement Mills
· Auxiliary & Main Grinding Equipment mastery.
· Operational experience of ECS, PXP, control loops, process interlocks.
· Detailed knowledge of Cement manufacturing process.
· Knowledge of clinker & cement quality parameters.
· Knowledge of basic safety requirements and all safety procedures
· Experience of working with ISO standards 9001,14001 & 18001
Interpersonal & Management Skills
· Commitment to maintaining and improving Health & Safety standards
· Ability to remain focused on the task at hand.
· Ability to work well within a small team.
· Self-Motivated with a proven ability to motivate others
· Excellent communication skills
· A willingness to embrace change in our drive for continued improvements