Our client is one of the largest independent, family owned company in the Gulf region. It is one of the most diversified and highly regarded business houses. Our client is looking for a Chief Financial Officer for their office in Bahrain
Reporting to the General Manager, the primary responsibility is delivery on Financial Controls, Corporate Administration and Change Management: establishing and executing a transformation and continuous improvement plan, focused on all areas of the Company.
Key responsibilities include:
· Management of the Financial Controls function, overseeing the bi-weekly performance highlights and the monthly, quarterly and annual accounts
· Oversee the Billing and Contracts Administration; critically analyze and provide risk assessment on contracts, agreements, strategic partnerships, and project proposals
· Manage Group cashflow and banking relationships to ensure consistent and reliable funding and liquidity and adequately mitigate financial risks
· Coordinate on opportunities to improve revenues, profitability and reduce business risk
· Oversee the implementation of new integrated information systems, to maximize end-to-end efficiency and accuracy in reporting
· Provide accurate, timely and astute financial analysis, metrics and advice to the Directors, GM
· and the Operations leadership in an entrepreneurial manner
· Manage all budgeting, forecasting and business planning activities, as well as bringing transformation to this area through an overhaul and modernization of the processes.
· Along with GM and Operations Manager, co-lead, manage, motivate and develop talented staff to deliver results cross-functionally throughout the Company
· Drive continual year-on-year productivity improvements and efficiencies.
· Responsible for communicating the business strategy and its financial implications to internal and external stakeholders; Board of Directors, GM, Department Heads, Strategic partners, Audit firms, Banks, Advisors, etc.
Qualifications and Experience:
Candidate must satisfy the following criteria:
· Bachelor's Degree in Accounting; CPA / MBA / Engineering qualification an advantage
· Broad finance and operational skills and experience over 15-20 years (10 years in construction) that includes accounting, controls, budgeting, reporting and risk assessment
· Strong leadership, people management and interpersonal skills
· Solid experience in leading a multi-national finance and administration team
· High aptitude for innovation and project implementation planning and control
· Proven record of creating sustainable business improvement through the implementation of strategic and tactical initiatives