• Plays an active role in the development of the safety culture on the project, making safety a natural part of all work performed.
• Performs on-site management, supervision and coordination of all self-performed and contracted work.
• Ensures execution of field construction activities in conformance with project drawings, specifications, schedules, cost estimates, procedures, quality requirements and safety standards.
• Controls project schedule and cost through the efficient use of all construction resources and contractors.
• Oversees the development of project schedules in cooperation with the construction engineers and contractors.
• Ensures that daily and weekly short-range planning is maintained down to the foreman level.
• Reviews design scope and approach with regard to constructability and submits recommendations for change.
• Determines manpower levels to attain schedule milestones and monitors manpower levels and craft mixes to ensure conformance with the construction plan.
• Monitors productivity and cost and implements appropriate action to maintain maximum labor productivity and cost-effectiveness.
• Controls change/scope creep, ensuring that all scope changes are quickly and properly documented and that change orders are approved prior to the performance of work.
• Assists the Site Industrial Relations in the overall administration of labor relations policies.
• Manages the contractual commitments of contractors, including cost, quality, and schedule and coordinates their field activities.
• Plans and manages the projects temporary facilities.
• Maintains quality of all work in accordance with the standards as specified in the design documents
• Ensure effective construction equipment use and maintenance program.
• Ensure an effective plan for the supply and control of tools and supplies.
• Management of administers, trains, and motivates all personnel in construction operations
• Remains knowledgeable of safety policies and procedures and performs assigned duties in a safe manner and, while supervising others, has responsibility for their safety and ensures that they comply with established safety policies and procedures and practice safe work habits
• Manages and maintains all client relations at the site.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• Bachelor or Master Degree in Engineering or equivalent qualification with professional experience.
Industry related experience:
• Marine construction
Years of experience:
• 10 Years
• MS office is an asset
Walkin for you