Greetings for the day!
We at Quality Group Limited based in Tanzania, East Africa have an opening for Corporate Communications Advisor.Only single female candidates within the age of 40 years apply
Interested candidates please send your resumes to [HIDDEN TEXT]Job Location: Dar Es Salaam, Tanzania, East Africa.Position Objectives:
1. Promote the organization/Group for its community via appropriate communication channel.
2. Develop relationships with relevant industry, community stakeholders and Government bodies.
3. Contribute to the work of increasing Community Engagement with our community and Government bodies.Key Responsibilities:
- Provide high level, accurate, timely and strategic communication and public relations advice and support to the CEO, Executive Team and staff relation to organisation initiatives, campaigns and services.
- Manage organization media relationship in a strategic and positive manner to spread the news of big work for its community, identify key messages and positive media opportunities and manage responses to media enquiries.
- Develop a communication strategy to convey consistent quality messages across the full spectrum of organisations materials and channels.
- Plan, coordinate and evaluate media monitoring services.
- Manage and evaluate media training for senior staff and manage training program delivery.
- Manage all aspects of the creation and production of organisation quarterly newsletter Burnside Focus, including research, writing and editing and supervising layout, proofing, print production and distribution.
- Ensure creative content and production quality of communication materials are consistent with organisation value, policies, corporate objectives and corporate identity.
- Lead the development, implementation and evaluation of specific communication campaigns to appropriate audiences.
- Act as consultant and facilitator to staff, assisting them to increase the effectiveness and professional presentation of councils messages to the public.
- Work with the manager to develop the look and reader-friendliness of organisation corporate documents such as the Annual Report, Annual Business Plan and Budget, rates information, brochures and fact sheets as required.
- Oversee and guide the preparation of speeches, briefing notes and presentations for the CEO and Chairman as required.
- Represent organisation on an as needs basis for conferences, presentations, meetings and related events.
- Manage relevant external supplier and contractors.
- Advise on key tools, timing and design of engagement exercises.
- Assist with the construction of surveys and other engagement materials.
- Assist with results analysis.
- Draft internal communications materials including the internal newsletter, emails, presentations and other documents.
- Support team members by providing editing and proof reading support.
- At the directions of the Manager Community Engagement, take ownership of development and delivery of communications strategies for specific projects and initiatives.
- Contribute to the development of communication strategies and content for internal audiences in a variety of formats and media.
Extent of Authority:
- Develop and maintain tools to help business units draft communications aligned with overall communication strategies.
- Provide practical advice to business units on message, tone and style of communications.
- Provide editing and proof reading support.
- Support and adhere to organisations policies and procedures, code of conduct and relevant acts.
- Assist in the achievement of agreed outcomes consistent with department business plans and budgets.
- Perform any other duties as directed by Team Leader or Manager.
- Promote and project organisations commitment as a customer First organisation.
In accordance with the Local Government Act, this position has authority by the CEO to exercise powers and duties with the limits of the Act and in accordance with Council Policy.People & Culture Responsibilities:
The Quality Group Limited values its staff and is committed to principles of our Corporate Values. As a Staff Member, You play a key role in demonstrating these standards and show integrity in your daily interactions with customers, your manager and colleagues.Caring & Supportive:
Innovative & Creative:
- Be understanding and supportive of individual, to look after each other.
- Be consistent and fair with the treatment of others.
Have the enthusiasm, courage and support to implement something new the opportunity to challenge current practice.
Transparent & Honest:
Person Specification:A) Skills:
- Consistency, openness and integrity in decision making.
- Be trusted to take responsibility and ownership for actions.
- Use effective channels and systems for communication.
- Ability to identify media and public relations opportunities and initiate relevant strategies to gain leverage from these opportunities.
- Ability to develop effective communications strategies relating to a range of issue and targeting a wide range of stakeholder.
- Ability to write accurate and engaging material in a variety of styles and formats for a wide range of stakeholders and to interpret specialist/technical information in Plain English for a variety of audiences.
- Demonstrated project management and negotiation skills and the ability to manage suppliers and staff.
- Demonstrated ability to meet competing deadlines, manage multiple projects and task simultaneously and manage high volumes of work.
- A high level of initiative, flexibility, creativity and the ability to work unsupervised and as part of a team.
- Exceptional communications and analytical skills.
- Highly developed interpersonal and networking skills.
- Ability to manage a budget.
- Knowledge of Social Media and its relevance to Local Government.
- An excellent understanding of the Tanzanian media and its requirement.
- A thorough knowledge of current theory and best practice in media, public affairs and communication.
- A sound knowledge of communications supplier processes and relationship management including print production, direct mail/marketing and media monitoring services.
- Knowledge of organisational operations.
- A tertiary qualification in communications, journalism or related areas.
- Proven experience in communications, public relations or related industry.
- Extensive experience in developing and implementing strategic communications campaigns.
- Proven experience in providing strategic communications advice and support to senior staff.
- Extensive experience of providing communications advice in a highly political environment and on sensitive issues.
- Experience in managing the production and delivery of a high quality newsletter.
- Experience in writing a producing a wide range of communications materials in a variety of styles and formats.
- Experience in a government or local government environment.
- Creative thinker.
- Multi tasker
- Lover deadlines
- Great sense of humour
Where appropriate, attend conference, seminars, workshops and other training activities to maintain awareness of trends and issue as they relate to the position.