• The purpose of the expediting department is to provide expediting support for the procurement group and to the project management team to proactively ensure deliverables are shipped and received in a manner to support project schedules. After a purchase order is issued by the purchasing department, the expediting group will take ownership of all purchase orders. These services include the proactive pursuit of all deliverables including vendor drawings and documents as well as any critical information pertaining to shipping and receiving. Additionally, the expediting group will be responsible for the proactive execution of the purchase order terms and conditions.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS
• Graduation in Logistics/Commerce/Business or its equivalent.
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
• Minimum 5 years working experience in Procurement and Supply Chain.
1) Commitment to Health, Safety and Environment
2) Customer Focus
3) Global Mindset
4) People & Teamwork (Interpersonal Skills)
5) Verbal and Written Communication Skills in English
6) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ERP)
7) Knowledge of procurement & supply chain Operations
8) Counseling skills
9) Knowledge of Shipyard operations
1) Analytical Skills
2) Thorough Understanding of Procurement procedures
3) Team Management Skills
4) Time Management skills
5) Coordination Skills
6) Thorough Knowledge of INCO Terms
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Responsible for the expediting activities and documents (VDRS) with Vendors.
2) Proactively analyze vendor schedule and ensure a realistic schedule to mitigate any delays in the delivery by alternative resources.
3) Identify with vendor detail list of sub vendors at early stage of order.
4) Efficient and effective expediting to ensure timely delivery of high quality equipment packages, materials, associated documentation within schedule within the parameters of, and in compliance with the Company’s Operating and Quality Procedures.
5) To be achieved by (but not limited to) the following activities.
6) Issuing Project expediting reports timely.
7) Attending project meetings & project procurement review meetings with Clients.
8) Attending meetings at major vendor premises.
9) Liaising with other departments to expedite pending documents related to vendors.
10) Expediting all equipment, materials and documentation against the Project Procurement Plan and Deliverable list.
11) Expediting documentation both from vendors and Project management team.
12) Pursuing Vendor documents on a timely basis to commence Engineering and QSA process.
13) Monitoring Vendors (and Sub Vendors as required) performance to ensure equipment, materials, and documentation is of the required quality and highlight issues that may arise in priorities, workload, competence, schedule, ETAs, potential use of sub vendors.