Join Crossover and youll be given the responsibility of combining the art of design with the art of programming. You will be implementing, iterating or even completely revamping the front-end code of a number of applications to be based on todays modern JS frameworks. You should have an unrelenting drive for quality, with a passion for responsive UIs with tight animations. You will work closely with a global team of developers in utilizing the best-in-practice architecture, tools, and design patterns in web development. And most importantly, you will be expected to demonstrate a deep understanding on how to build custom web applications (including animations) by leveraging backend REST services through the use of data driven JS frameworks.
Total compensation: $60,000/year
Location: Global (remote)
40 hours per weekThe Type of Web Developer Were Looking For:
Crossover values a culture of excellence. We need web developers who are not only technically proficient, but also demonstrate the following qualities:
Required Experience and Education:
- Perfectionism when it comes to code quality
- Commitment to following dev best practices, with code-reviews, unit tests, etc.
- Passion for developing a simple, clean, and attractive UI/front-end
- Confidence that your talent is significantly above your peers and competitors
- A willingness to embrace the concept of iterative development as the means for building excellent products
- And obsessive commitment to quality
If you want to work with the best, you have to be the best. A successful Senior Front End Web Developer at Crossover will demonstrate the following qualifications:
- At least 8 years of hands-on experience working with front-end web development of custom web content (This should be custom HTML/CSS and animations, NOT Wordpress, CMS based, or template based work)
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience working with data backed front-end web applications (REST, Soap, etc)
- Bachelors Degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- General knowledge of back-end web development
- Excellent communication skills (in English)
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- HTML5, CSS2/3 (including animations), JQuery
- Deep knowledge in at least 1 MV* JS Framework (AngularJS, Backbone.js, React, Ember, etc)
- Deep knowledge in at least 1 Responsive Framework (Bootstrap, Toast, Less)
- Knowledge in Sass and at least 1 Framework built on it (Compass, Bourbon, Susy)
Were one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
However, it is important to note that while you will work as a "contractor," these are long-term contracts that should be your only source of employment. You are not permitted to work additional jobs on the side. Please do not apply unless you are available to make this position your sole employment.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.