DESIGNATION: Head Chef
RESPONSIBLE FOR: FOOD PRODUCTION TEAM MEMBERS for their performance and upkeep in delivering the desired quality, food presentation standards, authenticity of cuisine ,taste and timely preparation of the food items/recipes/dishes as per the Standard Operating Procedures, Recipe, preparation standards and hygiene regulations of the Brand.
Heading the F & B Production functions ,responsible for Strategic planning and operations to meet all aspects of food preparation and fulfil the business plans .To provide innovative and artistically superior, and cost- efficient food and beverage products that enhance the reputation of the restaurant outlet, at the same time meeting the established quality and presentation standards.
Key Result Areas:
Drive Revenue in line with the targets for the outlet through high quality food/culinary offerings.
Maintain food costs as per targets and improvise on yield management to reduce wastage and achieve optimal profit margins.
Establish and position the Brand for providing the best culinary offerings
Attract new customers through well- planned food menus/promotional events.
Bring in Innovative recipes/food dishes into the menu to maintain repeat customers.
Strictly maintain and comply with all applicable hygiene regulations.
Retain key talent to ensure consistent quality production of F & B items.
Achieve high satisfaction levels of guests as per targets.
Achieve optimal performance and productivity from food production team members and high satisfaction levels to ensure high morale in the work culture.
The Primary Skill sets/Competencies that the candidate should possess:
Ä Culinary expertise: well versed with Indian and western food.
Ä Working knowledge of oriental food will be an add on preference.
Ä Should be well versed with local hygiene /ISO/HACCP regulations.
Ä Thorough knowledge of menu planning, food presentation, restaurant and event service operations
Ä Thorough knowledge of food safety, sanitation, storage, and maintenance.
Ä Thorough knowledge of planning, resource allocation, and production methods.
Ä Thorough knowledge of cost control and profits.
The Pre-requisites that the candidate should possess:
Ä Should have experience working in a competitive restaurant environment.
Ä 4-5 years of experience in offering the best culinary experience for a restaurant
Ä Exposure in independently operating culinary department for a Stand- alone/Speciality Restaurant/Finger Food outlets/Breweries/High End Pubs.
The Role fulfilment requisites/Brand Requisites for a Head Chef position at Pump House Pvt Ltd Micro Brewery/PUB are:
Ä Passionate and result oriented in developing and implementing Innovative/fusion recipes to drive the Brand Value and attract additional footfalls to the restaurant.
Ä The candidate should be extremely open-minded to seek guest feedback.
Ä Guest Engagement is of paramount importance for PUMP House brand. The candidate should make himself visible, have a great eye for detail, anticipate guest needs, make himself available to guests for sharing their culinary experience on the food and beverage dishes served.
Ä Keep interacting with guests regularly and feel the pulse of the guests, offer and suggest them the best and appropriate dishes/snacks/food alongwith the alcoholic beverages.
Ä Make the guest feel comfortable in seeking food as per their preferences.
Ä Offer innovative/alternate dishes on the platter to attract and sustain new footfalls to the Pub/Restaurant.
1. Plan and budget the food cost for the outlet.
2. Create a work environment that is high in employee morale and provide constant learning and development and use the feedback from the guests/senior management to develop high quality food preparations.
3. Develop systems and procedures that achieve higher cost efficiency and guest satisfaction.
4. Recruitment and performance appraisal/ management of staff in the department.
5. Develop and implement the restaurant culinary strategies and plans , linking the department's objectives to the unit's overall strategy.
6. Establish quality and quantity standards of food preparation and presentation.
7. Develop and standardize new recipes in order to add variety to the restaurant.
8. Innovate the cuisine and menus to go with market trends.
9. Encourage creativity of the staff through food trials of new dishes.
10. Devise methods for optimal use of raw materials and fuel and maintain the budgeted food cost.
11. Ensure availability of stock and raw material through proper planning and coordination with the purchase department.
12. Monitor adherence to safety, hygiene and cleanliness standards.
13. Work in association with the F&B Manager in the area of promotions, food festivals, menu planning and pricing.
14. Work closely with the Purchase Manager for developing Standard Purchase Specifications, Vendor Development and evaluation.
15. Coordinate with the Engineering functions for preventive maintenance, procurement of new equipment, energy conservation, etc.
16. Ensure through regular monitoring of guest feedback, prompt, efficient and accurate service to all guest along with the best quality products.
17. Schedule staffing in order to optimize manpower.
18. Review the monthly business reports and develop a work plan.
19. Develop Talent in the department and oversee all the culinary training activities within the department.
20. Address any grievance and counseling issues among the department staff.
21. Stay informed about the new developments in the world of cuisine, cooking techniques, kitchen equipment, etc.
22. Planning and budgeting the food costs of all the outlet.
23. Do the staffing of the kitchen and allocation of duties.
24. Responsible for developing and standardizing new recipes for the outlet.
25. Ensure good physical upkeep, condition of equipment and utensils in the kitchen and co-coordinate with engineering functions for the repairs and maintenance.
A review of this description has excluded the marginal function of the position that are incidental to the performance of fundamental job duties. All duties and requirements are essential job functions. This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only job duties to be performed by the employee occupying this position. Employees will be required to perform any other job-related duties as assigned.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or other than an "at will" employment relationship.