- Establishes and continually develops productive customer relations and ensures prompt and efficient attention to customer needs.
- Applies the use of specialized tools and follows documented procedures and policies to diagnose and complete complex repairs at customer site.
- Performs preventative maintenance activities as per documented schedules and standards on engines and related components in the field.
- Escalates unresolved issues to product specialists or supervisor.
- Coaches and develops technicians and/or apprentices and transfers knowledge and experience to others; may provide work direction; may review repair plans, parts lists, etc.
- Completes required documentation, such as service worksheets, timesheets, warranty claims, quality documents via handwritten forms or business system input screens.
- Identifies additional sales and service opportunities with customer.
- Completes training in line with skill and business requirements.
- Maintains service vehicle and tools for cleanliness and proper operation.
- Ensure adherence to all relevant Health Safety & Environmental policies, procedures and legislation and reports any issues / incidents to site management and to their supervisor.
- Apprentice Trained Engine Technician (Preferred)
- Vocational diploma from relevant technical institution
- Locally valid driving permit
- Significant field service work experience
- Expert level knowledge of and/or experience with engine products
- Customer service experience
- Experience providing technical advice and coaching to more junior technicians (preferred)
- Knowledge on Electrical controllers would be an added advantage
Skill Level A
Ability to train Service Personnel to develop their diagnostic skills
Able to identify opportunities for work process improvements and recommend appropriate action
Able to develop and maintain productive working relationships
Ability to prepare reports providing feedback on service interventions
Able to understand and follow the Technical Support Request ((TSR) process
Skill Level B
Ability to identify and resolve engine system failures relating to and impacted by component failure
Ability to guide / coach other service technicians (including non-Cummins technicians) through
complex service interventions and diagnostic issues
Can resolve complex technical problems
What can I do when my salary history makes me really expensive in my current job market? I dont want to take a huge salary cut, but I am not having success interviewing.
Ironically, years of experience or having valuable expertise can sometimes put you in a tough spot and leave you feeling frustrated and discouraged. You cannot control where
Walkin for you