The role will be required to handle procurement related activities as mentioned below for oil and gas related EPC projects such as Tankages & Terminals along with the associated E&I and Piping activities, Onshore and offshore modules such as MOPU, FPSO module, Jackets, Topsides, which required for the execution of Oil & Gas EPCC Contracts.
a) Procurement of required materials for the projects from local as well international markets as per the design and quality specifications. The materials will include but will not be limited to bulk materials, specialized materials for the projects such as shell plates, structural materials, Pipes, valves, motors, compressors, electrical and instrumentation equipment’s, consumables, PPE, bought outs, site utilities, site facilities, etc.
b) Hiring of various services for the site and workshop as per the project plans.
c) Coordination with yard / project stores to ensure availability of required materials and services
d) Long term Rate Agreements to minimize number of orders and maximize savings
e) To arrange top-up quantities in short time frame to meet project requirements / urgencies
f) End to end monitoring and control of orders, including expediting, interaction for inspection, close out of purchase order
g) Within budget and timely delivery of material/ services of required quality
• Good Knowledge of Supply, Contract and Materials Management.
• Must be aware of and Familiar with International Standards for design, engineering, construction and operations of Multidiscipline projects e.g. API, ASTM, BS, DIN, Shell DEP’s, ASME, PD 500, TEMA, NACE, ANSI, AWWA D - 100.
• Must have worked with cross-functional / multi-cultural matrix organization structure
• Must have worked on Enterprise Resource Planning system. Experience of working on Electronic document management system preferred
• Must have Exposure to import and export procedures and documentation.
• Assist during pre-contract award with the bid evaluation and client approvals preparation in accordance with the Project Manager guidelines and clients standards and rules
• Assist during post-award activities including kick-off meetings, coordination of procurement-related submittals, correspondence, reviewing and evaluating Contractors claims and all other procurement / material related communication with EPC Contractor on procurement matters
• Liaise with suppliers / Contractors purchase and material department on a regular basis
• Ensure that the assigned EPC packages procurement and material handling are monitored and rigorous purchase-order / material / time-line / delivery record keeping maintained throughout the project
• Develop project procurement plan / strategy / procedures / approved supplier and sub-contractor list along with project engineer in line with the overall project requirement.
• Conduct objective evaluation of local and international suppliers International for Sourcing of Materials required for the projects, Services (including sub-contracts), Capital Equipment’s, Site Facilities required for completion of Projects.
• Must interact / coordinate regularly with Engineering, Projects & Finance departments to understand the technical and financial aspects of the project and to ensure identification of appropriate sources of material and services supply.
• End to end monitoring and control of complete project supply chain, including expediting and close outs of all project purchase orders and sub-contracts.
• Ensure timely delivery of material/ services of required quality to the project within specified budgets.
• Risk management pertaining to project procurement and ensure compliance to various procedures/ policy guidelines/ code of business conduct etc.
• Should have knowledge of Legal and commercial and contractual aspects of procurement, such as Incoterms, UCP, FIDIC, trade barriers etc.
• Negotiations Skills and Resourcefulness
• Conversant with material grades/ specifications, applications etc.
• Knowledge of markets, sources, prices etc.
• Finalization of terms and conditions of purchasing contracts, and Preparation of Purchase Orders; Sub-contract agreements, Service Orders.
• Minimum one years’ experience in major oil / gas refinery / petrochemical projects in GCC region in the capacity of procurement engineer with EPCC contractor / PMC organization
• Graduate/ diploma in engineering is essential. Additional qualification or certification in material