Do you get excited when you read Ben Horowitz’s definition of a good product owner? Do you love setting the vision of software products and bringing them to market? Do you analyze every product you interact with and internalize good and bad ideas? Do you consider yourself the CEO of your current successful software product? If so, this role is for you.
We are looking for a world-class Technical Product Owner to help us define and build the software products that underpin our continued success. You are going to be the CEO of your product and be fully hands on with everything from setting the vision to the execution to continual refinement as you receive feedback from customers. You work closely with company executives and with our customers to understand their needs, interpret them into requirements, work with the design team to build mockups then get them built by your dedicated engineering team..
This is a completely remote position. You can work from anywhere in the world but also with people from all over the world. Therefore strong communication and presentation skills will be crucial for your success.Key Responsibilities
- Own and love products you create end-to-end, know the market and competitors, test your product and talk to end users.
- Plan, manage and evangelize product roadmaps that reflect Crossover’s vision
- Be deep in the architecture and technologies used to build the product, assist and discuss with chief architects how to outline the product
- Create user interactions and work with our visual designers to create great visual comps for use by engineering
- Team up closely with our software engineers to go from comps to working software
- Work side by side with other Product Owners to deliver consistent products that users will love
- Present feature concepts and working features in regular Demo sessions with the C-Level
Salary: 50 USD/hr
Position type: Full time (40 hours per week)
Location: Global - Remote - We encourage employees to work where they are most productive.
Required Skills, Experience and Education
This role will be a great fit for you if you....
- Technical acumen and ability to structure complex processes and projects into easy and approachable steps, operate and monitor execution.
- Hands on experience programming Java, .Net, or Ruby
- Preferred experience as a senior developer or systems architect position
- Ability to create wireframes and flows and to explain those in screencasts, diagrams and text for both C-level and engineering
- Ability to understand technology discussions in the context of a service oriented architecture and a modern UI tech stack
- Bachelor’s degree from a top tier University in a technical or software-related field
- Love to coordinate, inspire, and direct teams and individuals
- Create the momentum needed for great products to be born and released to users
- Feel like a fish in the water in a fast-paced Scrum process
- Consider value created to be a team effort rather than sum of each individual’s personal contribution
- Have a sense of measured urgency - you’re able to make things happen quickly and correctly, even with large teams and in tedious situations
- Make decisions quickly and own them and you change your mind as the data dictates
- Be a learn-it-all with deep interest in digital technologies
- are detail oriented and base your judgements on solid evidence
- are fearless in seeking out more efficient solutions - you constantly challenge the status quo
- Like to work in an truly global environment with the most diverse group of people you can imagine in literally all timezones available
- Tenacity to cope with direct feedback and make the best of it
- Moonshooter! 10% is not good enough, we want 10x.
We believe the best talent is all over the world. We have a testing and marketplace platform that enables us to find the supremely skilled and to make them available to companies eager to find the top 10% of talent globally. Our technology allows our hires and our client companies to manage and drive productivity through the use of collaboration tools and well defined metrics.
This novel recruiting model has already produced phenomenal results: we’ve hired over 300 candidates (generating 25 Million in salaries) and continue to successfully hire candidates every day. If you choose Crossover, you’ll be joining a proven business model.Next Steps
Start the application process now by following our application link. If you meet the qualifications, we will proceed with a series of evaluations and interviews. Crossover is eager to see what you have to contribute to our world class hiring model.