Job Description & Role:
To lead, manage and oversee the design, development and implementation of enterprise quality management policies and programs in line with the company strategy, international standards and best-practice benchmarks.
Collaborate with Senior Management and external partners, such as vendors, consultants and international standard and regulatory bodies to address QA issues/ concerns and help Divisions/ Departments improve their process efficiency and quality.
MANAGERIAL/ LEADERSHIP RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Contribute to the achievement of the strategic objectives of the Division through performing own responsibilities and managing direct reports performance.
2. Set the departments goals and objectives and ensure the cascading them to reporting employees and employees, and guide their achievement.
3. Participate in the development of the Divisions policies, procedures and processes through providing input and feedback.
4. Provide direction and advice to reporting employees in performing their delegated responsibilities and ensure overall performance is efficiently and effectively managed.
5. Ensure the ongoing development of the departments employees, and guide the development and learning activities of direct reports.
6. Identify the human resources requirements of the department and provide recommendations on levels of rewards, promotions, transfers and career progressions for the departments employees.
7. Conduct the performance appraisal of direct reports as part of the performance management process.
1. Provide input with regard to Quality and Operational Excellence in the overall Divisions Strategic Plan and provide guidance and advice to reporting employees to ensure proper cascade of this plan into their operations.
2. Oversee the functions and services of Quality and Operational Excellence and ensure their alignment with the overall Strategy, Risk and Quality Divisions strategies and plans.
3. Participate in the planning and establishment of long and short term goals for Quality and Operational Excellence ensuring that objectives and programs are aligned to the companys vision, mission and overall guidelines.
4. Oversee and direct the development of Quality Assurance policies, procedures, and guidelines, and manage their implementation to ensure that all procedural/legislative requirements are fulfilled while delivering a high quality and cost-effective service to internal customers.
5. Ensure that quality examinations and verification of Company quality activities, records and processes are periodically performed in line with business strategy, international standards and best-practice benchmarks.
6. Provide recommendations to Company Top Management and Department Heads to enhance quality measures and guidelines for company business processes as per international quality standards and guidelines.
7. Support corporate quality improvement initiatives and promote end-to-end quality management standards within the company, from setting quality roadmap to driving process improvement, design and implementation and operational support.
8. Ensure the quality management and documentation systems, policies and procedures are followed by all Divisions and Departments across the company for a consistent and unified approach to implementing quality in all business processes.
9. Review and quality assure all services and work-products delivered by the company in compliance with established quality and operational excellence Standards, policies and procedures.
10. Coordinate with project managers to develop project schedules and resource allocation models for QA related projects and review documentation, including subcontractors/vendors, to ensure quality requirements are documented prior to issue approvals.
11. Ensure effective execution of quality assurance reviews on company products and highlight any breaches to the terms and conditions identified and conduct industry and global bench-marking to determine best practice and make recommendations to the Chief Strategy, Risk and Quality Officer.
12. Review and submit regular quality assurance reports to the Chief Strategy, Risk and Quality Officer on all quality management activities and related communication and / or changes if any for effective documentation and reporting in line with quality standards and management guidelines.
13. Liaise with company Divisions and Departments to effectively respond to quality assurance requests and any internal queries in order to ensure smooth processing of all quality assurance and quality management transactions, and to provide value added contribution to the overall efficiency and effectiveness of the company.
14. Prepare the Quality and Operational Excellence Departments budget and submit to the Chief Strategy, Risk and Quality for approval and further processing.
15. Perform any other duties and responsibilities as designated by the Chief Strategy, Risk and Quality Officer.
Quality of Performance
Cost : Level of adherence to business budgets at the department
Operation and Processes: Level of clarity in the quality management policies and procedures
Learning and Growth: Employee turnover rate in the department
Building Organizational Capabilities
Quality Management and Philosophies
Bachelors Degree, preferably in Engineering or Business Administration
10 years of working experience
Experience in Insurance Sector
SAUDI National Required
ROLE SPECIFIC SKILLS / REQUIREMENTS
Certification in Quality Management, such as CQM, ISO, etc.
Knowledge of company business and operational process and standards