Aurea is looking for an experienced SaaS Operations L2 Engineer to join our SaaS Operations team. Our ideal candidate is a highly motivated, goal-oriented, team-focused engineer with a passion for supporting customer facing services, processes, systems and infrastructure. This position will work to assure the overall availability and performance of production services against availability and quality SLAs. They will respond to alerts or events that impair or degrade service or could cause outages that impact availability. They will identify root causes, single points of failure, and eliminate them through remediation and execution.Job Description
As a SaaS Operations Engineer you will be supporting one or more of the company's SaaS Products. The products are hosted in AWS and span across all the popular technology stacks and deployment architectures. You will be working within the team of high-skilled professionals, providing a lightning fast operations support for the products, fulfilling day-to-day requests, working on automating the chores and participating in huge infrastructure re-engineering projects. You will be working in "SaaS Operations Support" environment as a part of 24/7 availability team, that supposes high personal availability and readiness to provide response, should any critical issues arise.Key Responsibilities
Required Experience and Education
- Working with product outages, provide resolution and root cause analysis, including post-mortem description, protocol of the resolution and further mitigation/prevention actions.
- Products deployments and upgrades
- Database consolidations and related issues
- Build solutions to problems that interrupt availability, performance, and stability in our systems, services, and products at scale
- Develop and maintain an in-depth understanding of the application, systems, database architecture, and the general application functionality of our products
- Keeping the product operating documentation and knowledge base up-to-date
- Overseeing product monitoring systems to provide swift responses to critical alerts to prevent product outages
- Working in contact with other teams to ensure smooth and documented changes to all environments
- Participating in cross-training, spreading your own knowledge and acquiring new products into your portfolio
Good to have:
- Strong experience building and maintaining production systems on AWS using EC2, RDS, S3, ELB, Cloud Formation, etc. and familiarity interacting with the AWS APIs
- Deep experience administering Linux (Centos, RHEL, Ubuntu) systems
- Experience with Docker
- Excellent knowledge of web application technology, including IIS, Tomcat, Apache, elasticsearch, nginx, haproxy etc
- Good network and filesystem skills
- Experience with monitoring tools
- DBA experience is a plus
- Some scripting proficiency will be an advantage
- Relative autonomy to pick up new skills
- Effective time-management skills
- Good communication skills
- Remote working experience
- Quick learning skills
Total compensation is $30/hour for a 40 hour work week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations.
We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts. Please note that you will not be paid for these interviews or skills tests but we hope you will complete them to help us truly evaluate your talent versus your peers.
Are you up for the challenge?