The Sales Administrator carries out the administrative and support functions of the MENA sales department. While the frontline account managers take care of the sales function of the organization the sales administrator provides the much needed support to ease pressure. When many tasks are taken care of by the sales administrator, account managers concentrate on their main job and achieve better results. Though he/she is not involved in selling directly, his/her contribution is no less in achieving sales targets. The sales administrator is the vital links between the sales staff, the customers, the distribution organization and transport companies.
1) Should be thorough with all administrative tasks.
2) Must have knowledge of computer programs including Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point, and Access.
3) Ability to deal with sales teams, customers, customs and Distribution Centers .
4) Some knowledge of accounts or strong numerical skills. Ability to calculate well.
5) Should possess good business acumen.
6) Exhibit professionalism while dealing with tough internal as well as external customers
Mostly the sales administrator does clerical jobs supporting the sales activities of an organization, though occasionally they may carry out sales duties. Their job responsibilities are to:
1. Coordinates customer orders and shipments with the Distribution Centers
2. Ensures products are shipped in time and maintain a list of all scheduled shipments
3. Confirms with customers about the delivery of products
4. Informs account managers about product deliveries, delays and status
5. Answers phone calls and gives information based on customer inquiries
6. Sends quotations and proposals
7. Performs general admin tasks such as filing, copying, etc
8. Participates in sales reporting, opportunity management and pricing communications