- Create or implement security standards, policies, and procedures
- Identify, investigate, or resolve security breaches.
- Plan, direct, or coordinate security activities to safeguard company assets, employees, guests, or others on company property
- Develop, conduct, support, or assist in governmental reviews, internal corporate evaluations, or assessments of the overall effectiveness of facility and personnel security processes.
- Train subordinate security professionals or other organization members in security rules and procedures.
- Assess risks to mitigate potential consequences of incidents and develop a plan to respond to incidents.
- Communicate security status, updates, and actual or potential problems, using established protocols.
- Direct or participate in emergency management and contingency planning.
- Write or review security-related documents, such as incident reports, proposals, and tactical or strategic initiatives.
- Analyze and evaluate security operations to identify risks or opportunities for improvement through auditing, review, or assessment.
- Develop or manage integrated security controls to ensure confidentiality, accountability, recoverability, or audit ability of sensitive information, proprietary information, or information technology resources.
- Monitor security policies, programs or procedures to ensure compliance with internal security policies, licensing requirements, or applicable government security requirements, policies, and directives.
- Collect and analyze security data to determine security needs, security program goals, or program accomplishments.
- Develop, arrange for, perform, or assess executive protection activities to reduce security risks.
- Advising the other related divisions from the standpoint of the security professional.