Jacobs, Zamel and Turbag Consulting Engineers (Jacobs ZATE) is the
principal operating company of our global Jacobs organization in the
Kingdom of Saudi Arabia. It is a multi-discipline professional engineering
and project management services provider to local projects with over 1,800
resources in our home offices and in the field across Saudi Arabia covering
Downstream, Upstream, Petrochemicals and Buildings and Infrastructure
projects. We also have large presence across the Middle East covering
Bahrain, Qatar, UAE and Oman in addition to Saudi Arabia. The total
regional strength is in excess of 2,500 resources.
As a global leader of Program Management and Construction Management (PM/CM) services with projects ranging from $1 million to programs that cost up to $10 billion, we deliver award winning total Design and/or Construction Management projects for public and private sector clients. From the pre-construction phase, through complete erection of the project, to the post-construction and commissioning, we function as an extension of our clients’ goals and aspirations. Project sector and types include: Aviation, Emergency Operations & Data Centers, Healthcare, Hospitality & Entertainment, Correctional & Rehabilitation Facilities, and Research & Development Facilities.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Reviews procurement policy and requirements
- Communicates with/reports to the Project Manager for project execution matters such as progress of the work, outstanding matters
- Ensures familiarity with the project procedures related to procurement activities.
Reviews, on a project basis, the terms and conditions with the Contract Engineer to assure consistency with the contractual obligations.
- Ensures that inquiries are issued on time to the selected vendors/contractors
- Evaluates the commercial parts of the vendors’ bids (a.o. reliability, shop workload, pricing, delivery times, payment and delivery conditions); and has the technical parts evaluated by the specialist
- Reviews, before issue by Procurement, the completeness of the inquiry/purchase order package
- Ensures proper filing of inquiries, purchase orders and related documents
- Arranges, if required, vendor/contractor coordination meetings prior to the final selection. - - Ensures the preparation of the minutes of meeting or protocol
- Ensures that bid comparisons are initialed/approved as per Procurement Plan (being part of the Project Plan).
- Ensures timely placing of the purchase orders
- Expedites or has expedited the receipt of vendor’s/contractor’s purchase order acceptance.
- Controls the commercial aspects of all project purchase orders until delivery on site of all contracts for construction.
- Ensures the accuracy of purchase order information in the database and the input of additional purchase order information in the database as required by other divisions/ departments (e.g. Cost Control and Planning & Scheduling).
- Ensures that approved changes are covered by amendments to the original purchase order
- Ensures that (progress) payments to vendors/contractors are in line with the agreements as per purchase order
- Executes / coordinates vendor / contractor performance assessments
- Is Familiar and have relationship with market
Qualification and Skills required
- Bachelor Degree, preferably in Engineering field, or any other related field.
- Minimum a 5 years of experience in the same field and industry.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Fluent in English.