* As part of executing a risk-based internal audit plan, perform internal audit work in compliance with internal audit policies.
* Determine, in consultation with the Group Internal Audit Director, the audit scope and areas to be reviewed to focus effort on the most significant areas.
* Prioritize own efforts to complete engagements on schedule or notify Group Internal Audit Director of any delays as soon as they are known.
* Ensure internal audit work and findings are adequately documented.
* Gain an advanced knowledge of corporate policies and procedures and the functional business disciplines being reviewed to ensure that audit procedures are appropriate, timely, and effective.
* Identify all significant control weaknesses and appropriately communicate these weaknesses to the auditees as soon as possible.
* Assess and recommend improvements to audit processes and systems to help achieve compliance with IIA standards on auditing.
* Regularly interact and communicate with management of companies subject to audits to discuss and present audit results, gain acceptance and provide advice to remediate on audit issues.
* Assist the Internal Audit Director in the preparation of a quarterly report to the Audit Committee by summarizing own audit work carried out during that period, with observations and recommendations.
* Assist with other special projects and various administration tasks as they may arise.
* Keep abreast of legislative issues, new audit regulations / trends and appropriate audit direction/methodology. Discuss updates of new regulations with the Group Internal Audit Director.
* Perform other duties as assigned by the Direct Manager, including dealing with the external consultants and vendors on the as required basis.
Desired Skills and Experience
*Minimum a Bachelors degree in Business Administration, Auditing, Accountancy or similar from an accredited university. A postgraduate degree would be an advantage.
* Must have at least one of the following internationally recognized accounting or auditing qualifications: CA, ACCA, CPA, CIA, CFE or CISA. Additional professional qualifications would be highly desirable.
* Minimum of 5/7 years of working experience in an auditing, risk, compliance, or/and internal controls field/function in a large organization or professional services firm. Experience within Construction sector is highly desirable.
* Experience in the GCC region would be an advantage.
* Familiarity with control assessment frameworks such as COSO Integrated Control Framework or similar.
* Knowledge of risk assessment techniques.
* Familiarity with audit management software (e.g. TeamMate) and with data analytics tools (e.g. ACL, IDEA, etc.).
* Knowledge of Oracle or SAP functionality.
* Knowledge of current auditing practices and trends.
* Ability to communicate clearly and effectively in both English and Arabic is a must.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted