1. Collects and inputs relevant data from inspection reports and surveys.
2. Unloads readings taken directly on site from Technicians and Inspectors into the Inspection Management System.
3. Operates the Inspection Information System and risk base inspection systems to allow adjustment of inspection frequencies to be implemented.
4. Updates and makes available a complete digital Asset reference document and standards library to enable online support for the system and users.
5. Maintains and supports networking issues (e.g. user’s access, file organization, e-mail administration, back-up and recovery).
6. Assists the Senior Inspection Engineers issuing Corrosion trend analysis and risk base inspection reports to enable a better planning of resources and manpower.
7. Provides a full information service to the Division staff about the station(s) to which they are assigned.
8. Ensures regular back-ups, transfer, replication, merging and general Database maintenance is carried out as per procedures.
9. Regular visits to Field locations to update ongoing surveys and continuous monitoring.
10. Keep records to Work Requests, Work Orders, CONTRACT Work Requests and generally be an interface with MCP division in the treatment of these documents.
11. Should be conversant with inspection techniques and able to evaluate the latest equipment and techniques utilised in Integrity practices.
12. Report any anomalies or alteration requirements within the risk base inspection module, with regards to inspection frequencies/data and reports these to the Senior Inspection Management Systems Engineer. Follows up with updating system with recommendations from review. Knowledge, Skills & Experience:
1. EDUCATION & TRAINING
a) Diploma in Mech. Eng., Chem. Eng. Or Metallurgy
Tertiary qualification in Information Communication Technology (ICT) - Recognized qualification in Inspection Practices / Corrosion mitigation. Must hold the all relevant API Certifications.
b) Experience and good working knowledge of Computer Aided Design (CAD) drawing package.
a) Minimum of seven (7) years experience in Oil and Gas Industry.
b) Minimum of four (4) years experience in the field of Inspection / Corrosion monitoring and prevention activities.
c) Minimum of four (4) years experience in ICT and network.
d) Experience with knowledge and use of IMS/RBI systems.
3. INDEPENDENT ACTION
Work under the supervision of the Senior Inspection Management Systems Engineer.
He is responsible for the day-to-day operation and maintenance of the Inspection Systems.
4.CONTACTS AND INFLUENCING REQUIREMENTS
Regular daily contact with the Senior Inspection Engineer. Regular contact with corrosion and inspection staff with regards inspection data from reports and surveys.
5.RECORDS, STATEMENTS AND CORRESPONDENCE
Data and information to be inputted as required during regular duties and as directed by Senior Inspection Management Systems Engineer.
Accuracy, reliability and good command of English.
6.HIGHEST LEVEL OF CONFIDENTIAL INFORMATION
Shall maintain a high level of confidentiality of information related to corrosion and inspection data, corrosion and inspection reports and other company related confidential information.
Requirement to be aware of all safety requirements pertaining to both office and site localities. All safety aspects to cover all forms of related inspection duties and personnel safety.
8. PHYSICAL EFFORT
Must be able to work in office conditions and also have physical capabilities required to visit field locations.
to hydrocarbon industry projects.