Supervise and administers all phases of kitchen operation. Responsible for all direct and indirect subordinates are fully aware of company standards concerning food production, food presentation, food handling, controlling procedures and the vessel sanitation and health program.
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
1. Present at all peak periods to supervise.
2. Work with subordinates and lead them successfully into productive working methods by setting an example with professional and disciplinary habits.
3. To be fully aware of the job description of each associate under their position and that associates perform their duties according to the prescribed job descriptions.
4. Responsible for the direct supervision over all employees engaged in the operation of the kitchen. Strives to maintain good labor relations. Observes legal requirement as to hygiene and labor department.
5. Supervise food as to preparation, cost, quality, quantity, inventories, portion control, menu, planning, recipes and in testing of samples submitted by the purchasing department.
6. Constantly examine the professional knowledge of all kitchen associates, and train or re-train if required. Training must include physical demonstrations of food preparation
7. All machines and equipment are kept in good working order.
8. Ensure all kitchen associates are familiar with the handling and cleaning procedures of kitchen equipment. They are to conduct training sessions for this purpose and ensure associate understand each aspect of this subject.
9. Establishes and supervises, job methods and cooking standards to maintain a high quality of food & service.
10. During Lunch & Dinner period, personally inspect each item to make sure that the presentation as well as the quality of the food is correct and in accordance with the established standards.
11. Responsible for the pre-opening training of the kitchen staff in accordance with the schedules.
12. Assists in preparation of inventories, budget forecast and may revise work schedules for each month, reports on daily payroll, overtime, absenteeism and accidents.
13. Complete market lists, orders necessary items and inspects food such as meat, fish and vegetables as received from the suppliers.
14. Makes requisitions daily food supplies to maintain the fastest turnover possible.
15. Analysis daily food sale, butcher’s shop reconciliation’s, food costs and other operational expenses.
16. Suggests profit improvement ideas.
17. Prepares a time sheet and the daily personnel reports.
18. Maintain a clean and safe kitchen, coordinating his efforts with Restaurant Manager
19. Inspects food stores refrigerators and suggests proper storage to avoid spoilage and ensure regular turnover of food items.
20. Ensure that each and every member of his team is polite and courteous to the guests, management and his fellow workers and behave in the most appropriate manner at all times.
21. Ensure that each member of his staff hold a valid Health Certificate.