Are you in a technical role now and have a vision for how things SHOULD be built but lack the influence to change it?
Some of the best Technical Product Managers come from strong technical leaders who decide to make the jump from implementing a product to defining a product. DevFactory is especially suited for you, as we are a By Developers, for Developers focused company.
Are you a great Technical Product Manager looking for the next big thing?
DevFactory is one of the most exciting companies you could imagine for Technical Product Managers. Hard problems, revolutionary technology, and a great team.
One of the best Technical Product Management jobs. Period.Here are a just a few reasons why:
- By Developers for Developers: As a Technical Product Manager, you know software development. Youve very likely have had a significant portion of your career in software development. All those times you thought to yourself I would absolutely have created this tool way better... in this role you can.
- Define products you would love to use.
- Iteration, Improvement focused culture: We have a culture that not only enables your success, but strives to always think what better looks like. We view this iterative improvement as a necessity not only from an individual perspective, but as a team. You will be an integral part to improving not only products, but how we deliver products.
- Career Focus: Candidates have a clear career path to increased compensation and responsibility. As your skills and competencies grow, your scope and area of impact will grow as well.
- Customer Focus: At DevFactory, how our Customers will actually use our product (the use case), is the primary driver behind every specification. We believe that by centralizing the Use Case, we can focus on what makes our products great for our customers, and unique in the marketplace.
- Learn and Use Disruptive Tech: Every day you hear about how some new company is applying disruptive technology to a stagnant industry. Wouldnt you like to be working for those innovative companies working on those new industry changing approaches? At Devfactory, this is your chance to be a part of that and both learn and apply these disruptive technologies (such as AI, Machine Learning, Big Data analysis, NLP, PaaS Cloud services) from Open Source, AWS, Google, and others.
- Work/Life Balance: DevFactory is a fully remote company, with every role being a fully remote role. Simply put, DevFactory provides you with a unique work/life flexibility and the opportunity to work with a global team of top performers in their field.
A bit about DevFactory
The DevFactory culture is rooted in a deep appreciation of software and software development combined with an intense desire to use metrics and objective data to make software development better. We are inspired by the industrial manufacturing revolution that happened over 100 years ago. Jobs were loosely defined, not measured, not specialized, not automated, and the result was terrible quality and productivity. Today manufacturing is dominated by scientific measurement, automation, specialization, and well defined processes - making it very high quality and 100x more productive. We see the same opportunity in large scale software development.
We build systems that help make software and software dev teams better. We measure the quality of code, tests, builds, and architectures at a deep level; finding valuable insights not just surface level coding violations. We mine the history of source control systems to help dev teams find their buggiest parts of code, most productive developers, riskiest classes, etc. We build active systems that evaluate code on every commit and help our customers prevent their software quality from slowly eroding and accumulating expensive technical debt.
If making software better and development teams more productive is something you are passionate about, youll be inspired at DevFactory.
DevFactory is actively hiring candidates for this position through the CrossOver marketplace on Crossover.com. Crossover is one of the most legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
Responsibilities of the Role
As a Technical Product Manager, your core responsibility is to take the big ideas from Product Management Leadership and figure out how to break it down into meaningful bite- chunks for Engineering. Were relying on you to take that large complex release, figure out how it should be functionally broken down, and then defining that very clearly for the development team to go implement. Youll be using your deep technical background to identify the key decisions that need to be made (sometimes the hardest part!), finding the best answer to those questions and then defining both how the product will be implemented, and what you want to see to know that it was implemented correctly.
At DevFactory were Agile. We have 1-2 week sprints that focus on a clear milestone of work in the greater release. As a Technical Product Manager, your primary responsibility is to take the large release level ideas and break it into clear Milestone specifications that the development team can actually build. As you will be the owner for the area, you will be ultimately responsible for reviewing what the engineering team has actually built and making the final call on if it meets exactly what you specified or needs additional work.
Required Education, Experience and Qualities:
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or Electrical Engineering
- Recent hands-on development experience, with at least 8 years of experience in Java development and related technologies. Should be technical enough to be able to:
- Architect/design apps, and review code.
- Resolve serious performance related issues by using various techniques, including testing, debugging and profiling.
- Configure continuous integration and delivery systems, including code quality automation technologies.
- Know their way around Git
- Thinks with, and has good experience with the TDD approach. Knows how to do unit testing, mocking, and integration/UI testing. Can define clear test requirements as acceptance criteria for a feature.
- Excellent understanding of current enterprise software technologies and development practices/tools. Some of the more notable:
- Back end technologies based on both J2EE and latest frameworks like Spring
- Front end technologies including templating, CSS and JS frameworks.
- Data related technologies and familiarity with others from various Relational databases, Nosql databases, Caching systems, Full Text Search engines, Big Data systems.
- Cloud or devops services like AWS, Docker, Heroku, Digitalocean, etc.
- Virtualization or Containerization technologies.
- Message Queuing/Broking or Service Bus systems.
- Comfort working virtually with teammates and customers around the world
Total compensation: $50/hr for 40 productive hours per week
Location: Global (remote)
Interested in Applying?
Were one of the few legitimate companies offering high-paying jobs that are 100% remote, work from home. You never have to fight traffic to the office again and you have the freedom to choose when and where you put in your 40 hours to be most effective each week.
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time so we thank you in advance for your efforts.