Purpose of the Role:
To strategize, plan and implement all activities related to product, price, promotion and place delivering optimal results in all areas of MSD. To visit markets regularly ensuring that the role purpose is continuously achieved.
Business and Operations Focus:
Marketing and Sales:
1. In view of the respective brand objectives, develop strategic marketing plans and calendar in sync with sales and distribution plans.
2. Conduct periodic market visits to gauge and improve efficiencies and efficacy of marketing promotions on ground. To also use the visits to sensitize the company and distributor sales team towards the importance of promotional activities and other initiatives (including but not limited to new launches) and inculcate ownership of the same to ensure smooth and effective implementation.
3. Conduct or own up conduction of BTLactivities effectively and efficiently.
4. Develop and get due approvals on Marketing spend budgets and ensure adherence within the approved budgets. Track variances, if any, and ensure early resolution of cost / expense creeps.
5. Coordinate with relevant functions, like Production, Logistics and Finance to ensure that each new product launch is properly executed with total compliance and conformance. Coordinate with external vendors to achieve the same objective
6. Coordinate with the sales team to provide required/adequate marketing support by way of merchandising and promotions in the region to increase brand visibility and promote sales in the region. Undertake market initiatives, market tactics and guerrilla marketing activities to increase profitable sales in the region.
7. Enforce, monitor and review primary and secondary visibility plans in presales outlets (modern trade a&p) as per annual agreements with the distributor. Implement secondary display investments and monitor the same on a regular basis. Closely track investments versus sales.
8. Aid in sales forecasts and own theentire promotion planning& execution and setting annual objectives for each activity.
9. Review, analyze and cross feed the promotion and marketing plans in tandem with sales performance to determine effectiveness of the planned strategy.
10. Develop more Sales generating assets (like dispensers and displays) and monitor productivity reviews
11. Manage related external vendors ensuring that the contracted services are delivered within time at the right price and quality.
Commercial and Legal Focus:
12. Accountable for result driven negotiations and proper contracting of deals.
13. Ensure compliance to all legal requirements and conformance of all policies and processes.
14. Ensure that the JD’s and KRA’s are always updated and current. Ensure sufficient communication, reviews, feedback and dialogues so that targets and expectations are clearly understood; and perform accordingly.
15. Provide continual communication, feedback and undertake performance development measures / initiatives. Conduct timely performance evaluations and implement corrective actions to ensure performance improvement.
Reports, MIS and Communications Focus:
16. Prepare and standardize crisp MIS’s and reports which indicate key highlights of the marketing operations, with drill down information, data, and statistics.
17. Prepare periodic marketing activity MIS’s and reports and review the same with the management team. Initiate and implement actions resulting from such reviews and maintain structured reports / logs for the same.
18. Communicate, synergize and coordinate with all other functions to ensure that sales and marketing plans, new product launches are successfully conducted.
1. Post graduate in Management, preferably with a specialization in Sales & Marketing.
2. Atleast 3 years of relevant experience, preferably in the FMCG food industry.
3. Thorough knowledge of FMCG marketing promotions, brand managementwith emphasis on handling packaged, multi branded perishable goods.
4. Excellent problem solving and crisis management skills related to field marketing operations
5. Good with numbers, statistics and analytics with a strong ability to interpret and capitalize on market data.
6. Excellent communication and presentation skills.
7. Thorough with MS Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint).
8. Relevant user level experience of ERP.
9. Primary job location: Muscat, Oman.
10. Travelling: Regular market visits across GCC are required.