- Contact regular and prospective customers to demonstrate products, explain product features, and solicit orders
- Identify prospective customers by using business directories, following leads from existing clients, participating in organizations and clubs, and attending trade shows and conferences.
- Monitor market conditions, product innovations, and competitors' products, prices, and sales.
- Plan, describe, arrange, and sell itinerary tour packages and promotional travel incentives offered by various travel carriers
- Converse with customer to determine destination, mode of transportation, travel dates, financial considerations, and accommodations required.
- Compute cost of travel and accommodations, using calculator, computer, carrier tariff books, and hotel rate books, or quote package tour's costs
- Book transportation and hotel reservations, using computer terminal or telephone
- Record and maintain information on clients, vendors, and travel packages
- Provide customer with brochures and publications containing travel information, such as local customs, points of interest, or foreign country regulations