Essential required skills
• Qualified accountant or holder of Professional Certification in the field of Taxation with a minimum of 5 years’ experience
• Experience and knowledge of indirect taxation especially in the field of VAT a pre requisite.
• Min 3 years’ experience of management in an indirect taxation role at Big 4 or in-house in a country with VAT or other Indirect Tax environment.
• Strong manufacturing industry experience / knowledge are a must.
• Must be able to join in 2 months
• Excellent interpersonal skills
• Strong MS Excel skills
• Responsible for managing and overseeing all aspects of the Groups VAT compliance.
• Establish processes and policies in compliances with Federal Tax Authority (FTA) regulations at group and individual company level.
• Ensure tracking of changes / amendments issued by FTA and update of Group processes / policies accordingly.
• Identify & establish documentation requirements in line with FTA regulations.
• Co-ordinate with all internal stakeholders to ensure documentation compliance and provide necessary training to ensure 100% compliance.
• Establish processes / periodic checking methods / reports to avoid surprises.
• Co-ordinate with in-house ERP team to ensure system readiness / ongoing timely updates in compliance with applicable tax treatment of each revenue / expense type.
• Coordinate with all other departments, business units and other entities within the group to ensure VAT compliance.
• Prepare training material & provide necessary training and support to group staff members involved directly or indirectly in managing VAT applicable transactions.
• Reviews, revises, improves and implements VAT best practices for the Group.
• Maximize efficiencies in working and reporting systems to reduce the VAT/Duty liabilities where possible within the legislative framework.
• Establish and manage entire VAT return process, ensure absolutely accurate tax calculation & reporting & stickily meet deadlines. Train responsible staff accordingly.
• Keep close co-ordination with group finance heads and internal audit team on all tax related matters and manage Tax Audits.
• Be able to advise senior group management on tax matters relating to various ad-hoc / business development projects & associated tax opportunities / risks.
• Managing the relationship and communication with VAT authorities.
• Be the primary point of contact (both internal and external) for all VAT related matters.
• Consistently keep abreast of latest developments and implication of VAT, FATCA and CRS in Middle East region as it impacts the Group.
• Identify opportunities for VAT optimization / synergies.