CV could be called ‘the story of your professional life.’ The start of any job application process is always creation/updation of this document, since this is what decides whether you will be called for an interview or not. We understand its significance and have listed below six attributes to create the ideal CV to help you stand out in a tough job market.
In case, you were wondering, here's how you can create the ideal CV
1. Call it a resume or curriculum vitae, use any format, but the purpose of the CV remains the same - showcasing your achievements to the potential recruiter. As a result, the CV needs to be:
2. The primary purpose of a CV is to differentiate you from other candidates and get you in front of the recruiter. This is one of the most crucial steps and being right on point is the key. In other words, the CV should clearly provide the following information to the recruiter:
Here's how you can stand out from the pack!
3. Once the key information is included in the CV, focus on the following to structure the information effectively:
4. When you apply for a job, the recruiter is analysing your CV with the objective of investing in you. Therefore, a CV needs to be tailored to the specific needs of the employer. To ensure this, the document must abide by the following points:
5. Finally, once the content of the CV is sorted, we move on to its presentation. When you submit a printed CV to a recruiter or a potential employer, it is likely to be the first thing they get to see or read of yours. Therefore, you need to present your CV well and make it user-friendly. For example:
If you are submitting the CV online, try and create a PDF and submit it as that looks professional. These days visual CVs are in vogue and you can create yours using templates available online or design one that reflects your personality.
You may also like: