• Establish, outfit and staff all new laboratories within budget as outlined by the ALS Arabia Board.
• Ensure Region run according to Strategic and Business Plan.
• Ensure EBIT targets are reached.
• Ensures costs for the region stay within budget.
• Ensure legislative and best practice compliance issues are observed.
• Comply with all internal systems and procedures of the Company.
• To ensure an OHS&E system is in place in all operations that meets the standard as directed by the Company.
• Foster a working environment that ensures divisional quality targets are met or exceeded.
• Ensures that equipment in all laboratories is of the standard required to meet or exceed QC targets.
• Ensure quality, consistent service provided.
• Implementing business and marketing strategies including target markets, corporate relationships and pricing changes throughout GCC.
• Ensure that Laboratories are suitably equipped and staffed, and use approved methodologies to provide a quality service to clients.
People, Learning & Development:
• Ensures managers and staff receive training in the skills and competencies required to complete the role.
• Provide mentoring and executive coaching to direct reports.
• Manage the operational and financial activities of the regions under your authority.
• Seek opportunities to diversify ALS Arabia analytical activities in the GCC
• Assess present and future needs, trends, problems and profit opportunities.
• Implement the strategic development of products and services in the region.
• Ensure compliance with all legislated requirements and internal business processes and procedures, reviewing all systems and re-engineering where appropriate to ensure an efficient and effective service.
• Adhere to the requirements of all standard ALS Arabia Brands.
• Foster a working environment in the laboratories that aims to increase productivity and efficiency through equipment upgrading, method enhancements, or new technologies.
• Manage and monitor marketing opportunities in Oman and GCC region.
• Ensure ALS Arabia policies and directives are adhered to.
• Identify Research and Development opportunities and provide Research and Development resources as directed by management.
• Develop and manage the careers of senior staff and ensure suitable human resource capital to take advantage of opportunities as they arise.
• Ensure IT infrastructure maintained and appropriate support.
• Develops strategic plan by studying technological and financial opportunities; presenting assumptions; recommending objectives.
• Effective administration of facility maintenance and development, which includes the expansion of laboratories and departments, as well as other company areas/properties
• Formulation and execution of additional special projects as directed by executive management
• Builds company image by collaborating with customers, government, community organizations, and employees; enforcing ethical business practices
• Ensuring that systems are in place such that the quality of analytical data produced by laboratories is maintained at a level that meets or exceeds company and market acceptable standards
• Facilitate a working culture amongst senior business managers such that laboratory equipment is of the standard required to meet or exceed divisional QC targets.
• Generally to foster a quality culture throughout the region
• Ensure that quality is maintained at market leading / highest levels and methodologies are rigidly adhered to.
• Ensure equipment is of a standard required to meet or exceed divisional QC targets.
• Assessing the results of Quality audits and implementing improvements as required.
• Ensuring that training systems are maintained and records are of a high standard.