Marsol’s Asset Management, Procurement/Logistics Function
The Company requires a technically qualified person to manage and maintain its assets. The primary objective is to ensure a full state of readiness and a Minimum Viable Product (MVP) delivery in support of the Company’s sales initiatives.
In striving to maintain a 100% state of readiness, the right person will work closely with 3rd party resource companies to ensure skills availability and other suppliers/ vendors to ensure equipment availability.
The preventative/ planned and ad-hoc maintenance, storage and readiness are of paramount importance, but equally important are the management of the supply chain and the procurement and logistics activities.
Marsol is an Integrity Management company, its business practices are based on high standards and strict adherence to ISO and IMS requirements and regulations. As a leading supplier of services in the offshore market, its operational image and presence must be a reflection of these high standards.
The Company often undertakes complex projects in some of the world’s most difficult and remote locations, it expects the highest of standards in logistics management in every location.
• Maintain the Company’s assets (tools, equipment and stock control) in prime condition and ready for mobilization at all times.
• Receive all equipment into the Marsol International stores (centrally and regionally)
• Maintain storage facilities in accordance with Company standards and policies.
• Identify system failures and take immediate corrective actions, including proposal and implementation of alternative methodologies.
• Carry out stock management and inventory control to provide maximum supply service with maximum efficiency, consistently.
• Keep an updated inventory of all assets, including their movement and location. Stock take activities to be carried out regularly.
• Analyse / review fast and slow moving items and minimize obsolesce and surplus.
• Maintain safety standards and regulations in all stores, at all times in accordance with ISO Health and Safety regulations and Company’s internal policies.
• Manage all aspects of supply chain viz. planning, purchasing, warehousing and distribution.
• Cost effective procurement of project equipment, considering both rental and purchase options, for both regional and internationally based projects, during both pre and post contract phases of the project lifecycle.
• Investigate sources, price levels, Service Level Agreements (SLA’s), delivery lead times and recommend procurement strategies for local and international suppliers.
• Quality assurance – ensure that all procured equipment meets the standards and requirements in force at any time.
• Procure and manage vessel requirements from approved vessel owners, in conjunction with the project requirement in a most cost effective manner.
• Forecast equipment and consumable requirements based on anticipated projects in line with the Sales Plan.
• Checking and approving purchase orders of incoming assets and/or components and ready for sign off by relevant department manager.
• Checking that supplier invoices are in line with the approved purchase orders.
• Manage supplier relationships to ensure optimum service levels and maintain an up to date list of approved vendors.
• Consider supplier qualifications to work in-line with Company’s standards – perform due-diligence
• Liaise with local (project location) approved labour suppliers, for any local labour requirements.
• Identify cost and time effective and efficient ways of transporting equipment to and from the various project locations.
• Manage local / international suppliers, vendors, international agents, freight forwarding agencies etc. to ensure timely delivery of goods/services
• Manage the full freight forwarding process for project equipment, including:
• Understanding of in-country (project location) rules, laws and processes in respect of importing equipment into the given location, and exporting it back to the location of origin.
• Understand the customs regulations in both the country of origin and the country of destination.
• Be the Company’s point of contact for all project related logistics activities.
• Technical ability to understand the tools and equipment required for specific projects.
• Knowledge of equipment used in the marine industry along with sufficient technical knowledge to aid sourcing project specific assets.
• Own transport and UAE driving license
• The ability to make decisions "on the spot" and react swiftly under pressure
• Previous experience in Oil & Gas industry
• Hands on approach is a must – this is not a "desk job"