Core Roles and Responsibilities
Body Shop-Floor Supervisor
1. Manage and controls all auto-body repair works and workflow activities of Body workshop
2. Plan, schedule and assign auto-body repair works to denters and painters.
3. Supervise and participate in repair stages such as body restoration work, frame or chassis straightening and body alignments.
4. Prepare required parts and works estimate of damaged vehicles and maintains accurate records.
5. Assist service advisor, store in charge and manager as well to solve workshop related problems and find suggestion and recommendations for the best solution.
6. Maintain efficient communication within the Body workshop, as well as between denters and painters.
7. Endeavor to promote harmony and a team spirit with all the workers in the workshop.
8. Examine damaged vehicles to determine the degree of structural and mechanical damages, as well as damage to the bodywork
9. Coordinate and communicate with the foreman and mechanic to arrange accident vehicle for survey.
10. Prepare parts as well as labor estimation for insurance survey and approval.
11. Provides a high quality repair service and reduces repeated attempts.
12. Handles customer complaints as soon as possible, and make sure the complaint has to get done in a professional manner.
13. Prepare daily workshop report and arrange delivery status of vehicles.
14. Coordinate with the store in change for the fast and exact parts procurement, and its distribution to the concerned technician.
15. Keeps abreast of available equipment and new tools and recommends purchases.
16. Monitors maintenance of the paint booths, Air-Compressor, Tools and equipment and other fixed power and pneumatic tools, to ensure their longevity and long-term value.
17. Sees to the cleanliness of the work spaces and workers waiting rooms including store and rest rooms.
18. Checks how work on the vehicles in the shop is progressing, and ensures that guidelines concerning repairs and safety are observed.
19. Verifies the quality of the completed work, and ensure the quality of completed job before the delivery.
20. Follows up on orders sent to the stores for parts, to ensure that the parts are available on time and check the quality of procured parts.
21. Perform and coordinate other related works as and when it required.
1. Thorough knowledge of the tools, materials, methods and practices used in the automotive body repair and the painting trade.
2. Thorough knowledge of automotive repairs, cost estimates, and frame straightening processes.
3. Thorough knowledge of paints, lacquers, enamels, paint removers and other surface preparers and finishes, and of their properties and applications.
4. Ability to organize, instruct and supervise the activities of skilled workers.
5. Ability to follow oral and written instructions.
6. High responsibility towards the work, ability to respond with the situation.
7. Good physical condition and fitness.
Strictly for Male with Good physical condition
Basic aptitude on English language – Read, Write and Speak
Moderately Good Command on Hindi language – Speak