- Obtains usage forecast and promotion plans from the Marketing and Operations of brand(s)
- Monitor inventory, send RFQ, negotiate and issue purchase orders based on evaluated lead-times, quantities and price justification
- Meets with vendors to negotiate improved pricing, payment terms, product quality, packaging and delivery
- Ensures products supplied by the suppliers are quality products as per franchisors specification, wherever applicable
- Develops new and alternate suppliers for various products. Maintaining relationships with existing suppliers while seeking new ones
- Also develops/maintains supplier’s database and performance score card
- Develops and maintains product master data with alternate suppliers by each product
- Develop and ensure supplier management for compliance to company requirements and procedures
- Liaising between suppliers, manufacturers and relevant internal departments
- Negotiating and supervising supply contracts and formulating policies with suppliers.
- Monitors market prices for various raw materials and in various currencies and ensure best prices are negotiated at the right time
- Proactive approach on planning and sourcing of marketing promotional activities with complete visibility and tracking
- Supports restaurant operation in launch of new products & opening of new restaurants on time
- Lead assigned categories by diligently studying respective commodities and market conditions. In the process create alternate suppliers for price and logistics benefits
- Review purchase order claims and contracts for conformance to company policy.
- Monitors budget prices and ensures the stock prices are within or lower than the budget.
- Develop and implement purchasing and contract management instructions, policies and procedures
- Annual Budgeting and periodic review
- Schedule store visits and attends internal product testing groups
- Other projects and duties as assigned.
- Attending trade events as and when required
- Display high level of customer focus and setting new benchmarks in customer scoring
- Plans and maintains optimum stock levels and ensures no item is overstocked or under stocked.
- Monitors stock status reports to check the movement of goods
- Monitors the arrival date of goods to ensure all the goods are arriving on time and to take corrective action in case of variations in the orders.
- Check with Marketing Dept. if the consumption of items as per forecasts or there is any increase in the requirement of any item.
- Monitors expiry dates of the goods
- Follow up with the clearing/logistics officer for Baladiya approvals of the food products. Contact clearing agent, if necessity arises
- Handles product complaints with either suppliers, shipping companies and insurance companies
- Lead the process of Forecast and later communicate to operations and marketing on variances in actual vs forecast for future learning and amendment forecast accordingly
- Leads, prepares, presents and conducts reports during weekly Inventory review meetings. Reviewing reports for critical, low and nil stocks
- To follow up on near expired items and coordinate with the respective departments to ensure sale and / or consumption of those items before expiry.
- Completely aware of financial / audit implications of critical, low and nil stocks along with logistics, product yield or any related factors
- Demonstrates integrity, high personal standards and works effectively with diverse people
- Keeps Company’s and Brand Mission Statement in mind
- Ensures group core values and code of ethics are always observed
- Projects corporate image within and outside the company
- Recognizes the most important issues to achieve key objectives
- Handles multiple priorities well, meets or exceeds the objectives
Skills, Knowledge, Abilities and Responsibilities
SKILLS are required to perform multiple tasks with a potential need to upgrade skills in order to meet changing job conditions.
Specific skill-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: operating standard office equipments including using pertinent software applications; applying standard formats, maintaining data; and preparing and maintaining accurate records.
KNOWLEDGE is required to perform basic math, including calculations using fractions, percents, and/or ratios; read a variety of manuals, write documents following prescribed formats, and/or present information to others; and understand complex, multi-step written and oral instructions. Specific knowledge-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: accounting/bookkeeping principles; office management procedures; concepts of grammar and punctuation; and purchasing procedures, practices, methods, and terminology.
ABILITY is required to schedule activities and/or meetings; gather, collate, and/or classify data; and use basic, job-related equipment.
Flexibility is required to work with others in a variety of circumstances; work with data utilizing defined but different processes; and operate equipment using standardized methods. Ability is also required to work with a diversity of individuals and/or groups; work with a variety of data; and utilize job-related equipment. Problem solving is required to identify issues and create action plans.
Problem solving with data requires independent interpretation of guidelines; and problem solving with equipment is limited to moderate. Specific ability-based competencies required to satisfactorily perform the functions of the job include: adapting to changing work priorities; communicating with diverse groups; meeting deadlines and schedules; setting priorities; and working with detailed information/data.