CHIEF QUANTITY SURVEYOR/ ESTIMATORS
We are a Grade ‘A’ Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades. Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of underground water, sewerage & drainage networks and related civil infrastructure works
We are looking for a highly qualified Chief Quantity Surveyor/ Estimators with very good field experience of not less than 15 years in the above field.
1. Min. 15 Yrs. Exp. In Infrastructure Projects involving Drainage & Water Networks for Ashghal & Kahramaa & Others
2. Min. B.Sc in Quantity Surveying, (AND Civil Engg is an Advantage).
3. Excellent skills incl eloquent spoken/written English. Self corresp, computer programs viz MS Excel, Word, ACAD, Power Point, etc…
4. Pleasant Character, Good team player & Age 40-45 yrs.
5. Change of Sponsorship is a must.
Job responsibilities include but not limited to the following:
• Liaise closely with Project Managers on all commercial matters to jointly obtain maximum commercial benefit from the project.
• Assist Project Managers in identifying circumstances on the project which entitle the company to additional monies or time and to ensure that contractual notices are given within the time limits set down in the Contract.
• Follow Quality Management System policies and procedures.
• Undertake re-measurement and prepare, submit and agree monthly valuations, variations and final accounts.
• Discuss interim accounts with the Operations Manager/Project Manager to allow engineering staff input.
• Administer the payments, insurance and bonds for sub-contractors and to ensure formal sign off of final accounts on the approved format.
• Monitor all interim payment applications against the certified amount of the Client.
• Work to achieve quality objectives set for the Department.
• Monitor all project correspondences for commercial issues and initiate commercial correspondence.
• Ensure that contemporary records are produced and maintained which provide sufficient data to support any claim.
• Preparing subcontract documents (BOQ, Drawings, Specifications, and Budget etc.)
• Coordinate with Procurement for the preparation of bid summaries.
• Evaluating subcontractor claims and variations
• Updating payment status sheet against payments received and applications checked and submitted to Accounts Departments.