JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1. Manages the bidding, billing and marketing processes of N-KOM to achieve the targeted revenue and profit margin.
2. Conducts relevant element of the contract review including control and regulating the estimating and bidding processes by analyzing market price level, local and foreign competition, and formulating strategy to enhance success rates.
3. Reviews and negotiates ship repair contract terms & conditions and payment terms.
4. Maintain effective communications with Owners and/or their Representatives on commercial matters.
5. Offers, negotiates and accepts variations to ship repair contracts.
6. Coordinates with Operations Departments to commit forward stemming and achieve well planned docking schedule of vessels.
7. Coordinates closely with Finance Department on payments of repair invoices and initiate recovery action, legal or otherwise, as appropriate.
8. Involves in the programmed market planning, assessment of present and future business potential, and develops courses of action to achieve objectives and enhance business opportunities.
9. Builds up customer base and implements customer relations programme.
10. Deals with contractual disputes, claims and insurance matters.
11. Monitors and assesses performance of overseas marketing representative.
12. Responds to customer feedback and takes corrective actions on errors of staff.
13. Monitors the performance indicators set for the department.
14. Conducts regular Department Reviews.
15. Reports KPIs and results of preventive actions at Management Reviews.
16. Develops the marketing directions.
17. Ensures customers are provided with proper services.
18. Maintains close communication with overseas representative or ship-owners on ship repair enquires and prospects.
19. Plans and executes the marketing plan such as exhibition, tradeshows and etc.
20. Comes up with market analysis reports.
21. Attends day to day needs of customers’ representatives and surveyors.
22. Performs any other duties assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
Degree or Diploma in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motor ship), or its equivalent.
Additional marketing background and qualifications would be advantageous. Possess excellent oral & written communication skills in English
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
At least 10 years of relevant working experience in managerial level, in a fast-paced, preferably in a shipyard environment; total 15 years of relevant experience in the industry.