Ensuring that all opportunities and risks related to infrastructure project are properly evaluated and accounted for.
- Supporting, in close co-operation with the Contracts and Procurement Department, the proposals for the contract strategy for the civil works.
- Monitoring actual project progress (FEED, Detailed Design, permits, surveys, procurement etc.) and costs and instigate/co-ordinate any corrective actions required to keep project on budget and on time.
- Supervising and coordinating the execution of project activities ensuring that the highest safety and quality standards are maintained for the design.
- Provide technical support and monitoring of execution issues and provide resolution to technical queries.
- Delivery of the civil engineering deliverables and assurance per the controls identified in the project’s PCAP / DDP and the selected project standards / specifications.
- Technical accountability for civil engineering discipline for the project which includes assurance that the engineering deliverables are compliant with contract requirements and technical sign-off of changes. Ensuring that the BFD, BDP and BDEP are developed per project standards, final detailed design is done per project specifications.
- Execution of the technical assurance plan including our clients technical oversight of the EPC and the management of change process (technical assurance). This also includes validation of the EPC technical assurance processes and engineering deliverables.
Incorporation of engineering / project learning from the key project and industry projects.
- Work with project engineering and the engineering disciplines to identify and utilize replication / standardization opportunities.
- Interface management across all project phases with engineering contractors / design firms, P&T as it pertains to engineering deliverables (both vendors / PMC)