1. Assesses dental condition and needs of patient; uses patient screening procedures, to include medical history review, dental charting, and period charting; takes patient vital signs as required.
2. Delivers direct patient care to patients as assigned, using established dental hygienist procedures; performs routine treatment procedures, such as cleaning, polishing, x-rays, application of sealants and flourides, and related procedures.
3. Develops and implements individualized dental care plans for patients; performs patient education, discharge planning, and patient/family teaching under the supervision of a qualified dentist.
4. Provides chair-side assistance to dentist in the performance of special tests, procedures, and complex treatments.
5. Makes impressions of patients & amp;" teeth for study casts
6. Documents dental history or chief complaint; records and reports pertinent observations and patient reactions to dental staff, as appropriate; documents lab procedures and ensures follow up on results;
7. Assists with or institutes emergency measures for sudden adverse developments during treatment of patients.
8. Performs patient triage and initiates patient care as appropriate for walk-in patients.
9. Assists in preparation of patient care areas, and in the patient admission, transfer, and discharge process, as required; prepares reports and assists as required with patient reception, telephone calls, routine triage, and other office duties.
10. Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.