Big Data Solution Architect
Three positions available, one contracted and two full time.
We will soon be engaging a new Hadoop Big ecosystem SME (with huge investment in this area), you will own the architecture and utilise your skills to shape the decisions around solution delivery, and act as an internal consultant across the business to help shape the way we store and use customer data.
The Data Architect should drive best practice in IT design and provide mature and proven technologies that meet critical business needs.
Working as a Data Architect, your role will include:
• Shaping and managing the future technical direction of the Hadoop solutions and Big Data platform
• Building and subsequently maintaining capability and technology road maps
• Engage and maintain relationships with the suppliers, ensuring the solution standards are met in line with business needs
• Develop and communicate Data, BI and Central Systems Architecture principles, standards, patterns specific to the IT landscape and strategic direction
• Building key relationships with stakeholders, up to board level (experience here is key)
To be considered, you will need to demonstrate:
• Subject matter expertise for Elastic Search
• Participate in ES indexing, mapping, and data modelling
• Participate in optimization and Hadoop integration activities
• Skills on integration and open source protocols including ES API, WEB/ XML, JSON
• Participate in ES query, filter development
• Participate in operations, index management and performance improvement activities
• Participate in preparing visualizations with Kibana
• Participate in collecting, parsing, and storing logs with Logstash
This is a huge career move with a brilliant organisation where you can make a real difference as well as working alongside a hugely talented team, whilst driving major strategic decisions.
Location: Riyadh, Saudi Arabia
Compensation: Excellent daily rate
Skills: Architect, Data, BI, Business Intelligence, Big Data, Hadoop, SQL, Agile, Scrum Digital, Elastic Search