JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Responsible for production and/or review of engineering deliverables including models, drawings, calculations, specifications, reports, evaluations etc.
2) Updates AC & DC power & control schematic diagrams as per client Requirement, Class rules & Vendor Drawings for Engine, Mud pumps, drilling, propulsion, tank gauging, Jacking etc.
3) Modifies cable way arrangements, lighting, panels arrangement drawings according to the machinery spaces like Category A, B & C in line with Class rules.
4) Prepares cable schedule, lighting schedules for Procurement & Bidding purposes in accordance with the hazardous area plans.
5) Does & Check Load analysis, Lux calculation, short circuit current & relay coordination studies analysis & provide solutions.
6) Provides technical support to the onsite construction teams, projects department and estimating department.
7) Reviews vendor designs & Quotations & advises production & purchasing department.
8) Leads a team of designers & draftsmen to produce drawings on time & schedule.
9) Reviews the drawings owner & class comments.
10) Reviews and liaises with Contractors & vendors &review their Quotations.
11) Reviews technical specs for bidding & provide MTO.
12) Performs any other duties assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• A Degree in Electrical Engineering, from recognized university
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
• At least 5 years’ relevant experience for Diploma holders or 2-3 years of experience for Degree holders,
• Experience of working in in electrical system for marine & offshore