JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
1) Aware of latest marine industry practice for piping systems for rigs & ships.
2) Develops Machinery arrangement plans for different machinery spaces like Engine room, mud pump room, drill floor, Pump rooms, Switchboard rooms, Machinery decks, helideck as per client Requirement, Class rules & Vendor Drawings.
3) Reviews contract technical documents & develop work scope , prepare technical clarifications , assign work to Engineers , Assistant Engineers
4) Coordinates with Client , Classification society & vendors on technical Requirements of project
5) Selects Marine equipment like Engine, Egen, Pumps, water makers, Anchor winches, HVAC, Foam systems, Water Heaters, etc. for Procurement & Bidding purposes in accordance with various design requirements, load line & down flooding requirements & hazardous area plans.
6) Calculations for Ballast, Bilge, fire main, Potable water, Engine cooling, Exhaust system vent & sound, crankcase ventilation, emergency bilge , deck drain.
7) Reviews vendor designs & Quotations & advice production & purchasing department.
8) Prepares technical bid Evaluations prepared by Engineer
9) Leads a team of Asst. Engineers ,designers & draftsmen to produce drawings on time & schedule
10) Assists the Senior engineer & manager e for Meeting department KPIS
11) Ensures department IMS procedures are followed for design development
12) Reviews the drawings owner & class comments.
13) Resolves site issues & give solutions to production
14) Identifies and create Potential change orders as per technical scope of work.
15) Advises Senior Engineer, Engineering Manager on technical issues to ensure Class compliance & owner Comments.
16) Performs other duties assigned.
EDUCATIONAL / PROFESSIONAL QUALIFICATIONS:
• Degree /Diploma in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS:
• At least 4-5 years’ relevant experience in piping design & engineering for Marine & Offshore
• Experience in Marine & Offshore Piping design, knowledge of Pipe sizing calculations, Pipe layout, P&IDs