Are you a Big 4 trained Accountant with strong US GAAP experience? Are you experienced in working in a multi-currency consolidations and worked in overseas GAAP & VAT systems ? Do you have experience with mergers and acquisitions accounting?
If you have great experience in ERP systems and good leadership skills - then this role is for you.The Company
Based in Austin, Texas, the ESW Capital Group specifically focuses on buying, strengthening, then growing mature business software companies. By taking advantage of its unique operating platform, ESW revitalizes its acquisitions for sustainable success while making customer satisfaction a top priority. ESW and its affiliated companies have been in the enterprise software space since 1988, and the group includes notable brands such as Aurea, Ignite Technologies,Trilogy, and Versata. The group has performed over 50 acquisitions since 2006 and aspires to 20+ annually.
Reporting to the VP Finance, the Group Controller is responsible for the end to end accounting, consolidation, reporting, debt covenant compliance and audit for a portfolio of 20+ companies within the larger family of ESW Capital Group companies. Assistant Controllers and Accounting managers with responsibility for day to day accounting will report to you. You will be responsible for the audits of your portfolio companies and the relationship with auditors. You will lead a virtual team of 3-5 GL accountants and liaise with other finance teams including P2P, O2C, FP&A and business managers. You will have a never-ending focus on process improvement, productivity, automation and ensuring timeliness and accuracy of portfolio company financial statements.
Qualifications and Key Selection Criteria
Education and work history/experience
- Big 4 trained accountant, preferably to audit manager level with a recognized professional qualification
- Experience managing a complex group audit - Big 4 or client side
- Team / Project management experience, metric-driven process implementation experience.
- Extensive US GAAP exposure, ASC 606 implementation experience a bonus
- M&A accounting experience, including complex multi-currency consolidations
- Extensive experience with large-scale ERP systems - Netsuite and/or Intacct a bonus
- Proven team leader with ability to work to tight deadlines in a faced-paced environment
- Desired: Advanced level of accounting knowledge French GAAP, French VAT, payroll and tax accounting.
Core skills and capabilities
- You are a superior technical accountant who is not afraid to dig into details to figure things out
- You know what a top tier finance organization looks like and you insist on that standard
- You are a clear communicator with excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You are well organized and resourceful, as well as an effective, proactive problem solver
- You are skilled at getting individuals and teams to perform at a higher level and to embrace change
Total Compensation is US$200,000/year for a 40 hour work week.
Location: Global (remote)
To qualify, please provide a resume/CV demonstrating the required experience and skills. From there, to help us find the top 1% of talent, there will be a series of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
You will start your application by hitting the 'Apply Now' button then uploading your CV and confirming your email address. From there - the Crossover platform will guide you through the remaining steps, which involves a set of interviews and online skills examinations. We realize these are challenging and can require a decent amount of time - so we thank you in advance for your efforts.
Are you up for the challenge?Crossover is an equal opportunity company. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for positions without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, age, protected veteran or disabled status, or genetic information.