Job Summary and Purpose
Manage a team of Operational Supervisors and Agents to ensure that the objectives set forth in Nakilat Agency Co Ltd. annual business plan to achieved, and Nakilat and operational P&P are adhered to ensure safe and legal import, export and movement of goods and people in and out of Qatar, including services to all ships represented and attended to by the agency with full report to the Principals, the Port and the relevant Government Authorities
1. Develops the operational business plan and revises continuously to ensure that it caters for the growing agency needs of the port by interaction with the Ship Owners, Charterers, Producers and Port.
2. Staffs and manages agency operations and develop a competent team to ensure professional execution of the agency services to the satisfaction of the principals.
3. Compiles a budget for operations to fit the business plan and control costs to show profit to support overheads and show financial growth to support and sustain the business.
4. Ensures operational compliance to Port Agency Agreements, Port Rules and Regulations, Government and Legal requirements.
5. Ensures that the agency is legally appointed for each ship call so port dues, duties and fees are paid up front to allow port access to the ship to prevent demurrage claims and loss of income to the agency.
6. Enhances ship shore communication between the Agency, Port, Charterers, Owners and Authorities to ensure seamless operations by delivering on time ship movement data and voyage progress.
7. Interacts with Customs, Immigration, CID, Port and Health Authorities to ensure the latest laws, rules and regulations are applied for legal entry and exit of all ships, people and goods.
8. Ensures that all ships are received, loaded, offloaded, serviced on schedule and the shipping task completed by arranging legal exit, endorsing the port clearance certificates to allow the ship to sail.
9. Follow through on final account payments and interact with the paying parties to ensure agency accounts are paid on time.
10. Oversee the day to day operations including meetings and direct liaison with customers, port authorities and regulatory bodies to ensure all port procedures and government legal requirements are met.
11. Compile a month end statistics for report the Management
12. Take responsibility for team building, performance, setting of objectives, leave planning, duty schedules, discipline and general administration to see to a healthy work climate and motivated workforce within operations.
13. Develop, implement and improve the effectiveness of IMS Procedures, to enhance customer satisfaction by meeting Customer Requirements.
14. Continuously review operations procedures to ensure that any corrective and preventive actions are timely implemented in the section.
15. Identify the training needs and do in-house training to bring agency personnel up to the required level of education and experience.
Key Result Areas
• Ensure that the offices are sufficiently manned with personnel to attend to the day to day operations and to oversee that all the documentations are in place vessels to enter and leave the port safely and legally. All services requested by principals are attended to their satisfaction.
Interactions and Working Relationships
Frequent interactions with:
• Nakilat Head Office – for business development, HR, Legal, IT and SHEQ issues
• All departments within Shipping Agency
• Port authorities (port control, harbour master etc.)
• Customs, Immigration, Industrial Security Ministry of Interior
• Terminal operators
• Producing entities and all offshore drilling and supply support companies
• JV Companies
• Ship owners, buyers, charterers and other protecting shipping agents.
• Ministry of Transport, Business, Trade and other Government bodies
7 – Financial Authorities
As per TOFA.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills