It is a key leadership role which recognizes the importance of this key function to NKOM’s on time delivery of goods and materials by road, sea and air, and is responsible for all day to day operational management, policy compliance and professional management of the Purchasing, Logistics & Expediting Team.
The role demands high level communication skills to influence internal stakeholders across all projects as well as key external parties including vendors, freight and logistics providers. The success of this role will be measured in goods and materials delivery performance across all relevant projects. The role is a key link between the Purchasing function, expediting function, the Warehouse and Project teams and is responsible for developing and maintaining relationships with key suppliers, Freight & Logistics providers on a Global, Regional and Local scale, tendering, negotiations, contracting, legal consideration, closure, management of risk, as well as management of critical success factors such as security of supply and delivery performance.
JOB DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
1) Manage and mentor the Purchasing, Expediting & Logistics personnel within Procurement & Supply Chain.
2) Provide high level support and assistance to all bids and proposals for relevant new build, repair and refurbishment / retrofit Projects.
3) Manage and oversee all Freight and Logistics providers required for all the relevant projects and their associated activities on time and budget.
4) Report progress on all Freight & Logistics pertaining to EPC projects to the Manager Procurement and to the Project team.
5) Manage and operate the current SAP system relevant to the whole Logistics function.
6) Manage Strategic purchasing and Tenders as per NKOM Policy and Procedure.
7) Conduct negotiations with suppliers across the whole spectrum of local, regional and global providers, to deliver most economically sound outcomes with lowest risk and highest return for the organization.
8) Manage the analysis of all offers and commercial arrangements and recommend the most appropriate outcomes.
9) Provide advice and facilitation for the timely delivery of goods from suppliers (e.g. steel mills) to the Project Procurement Engineers within the Procurement & Supply Chain team
10) Follow all compliance and auditing requirements for the conduct of ethical and transparent operations including compliance to all NKOM Policies and guidelines.
11) Manage and monitor the Expediting of all orders from time of order placement to delivery on site according to Required-on-Site dates embodied within the Project Schedule.
12) Develops the procedures related to Strategic Purchasing and Logistics functions.
WORKING EXPERIENCES AND SKILLS
At least 8 years of relevant working experience in a Strategic Procurement / Project based/EPC environment. Shipyard experience would be an added advantage plus high level exposure to Customs, Excise and local Import/Export laws throughout the GCC.
Functional expert – Knowledge of processes and products
Influencer – Relates to people, builds relationships, effectively presents arguments
Results seeker – Meets deadlines, identifies actions, achieves goals
Innovator – Thinks creatively, anticipates changes, produces solutions
Adaptor – Stays calm under pressure and handles criticism well
Complier – Follows procedures and encourages others to as well
1) Supply chain management skills
2) Global sourcing skills
3) Finance & Resource Management skills
4) Knowledge of Contract Law
5) Time Management skills