Job Duties and Tasks for: "Maid and Housekeeping Cleaner"
1) Clean rooms, hallways, lobbies, lounges, restrooms, corridors, elevators, stairways, locker rooms and other work areas so that health standards are met.
2) Clean rugs, carpets, upholstered furniture, and/or draperies, using vacuum cleaners and/or shampooers.
3) Empty wastebaskets, empty and clean ashtrays, and transport other trash and waste to disposal areas.
4) Care for children and/or elderly persons by overseeing their activities, providing companionship, and assisting them with dressing, bathing, eating, and other needs.
5) Carry linens, towels, toilet items, and cleaning supplies, using wheeled carts.
6) Sweep, scrub, wax, and/or polish floors, using brooms, mops, and/or powered scrubbing and waxing machines.
7) Dust and polish furniture and equipment.
8) Keep storage areas and carts well-stocked, clean, and tidy.
9) Polish silver accessories and metalwork such as fixtures and fittings.
10) Remove debris from driveways, garages, and swimming pool areas.
11) Replenish supplies such as drinking glasses, linens, writing supplies, and bathroom items.
12) Sort clothing and other articles, load washing machines, and iron and fold dried items.
13) Sort, count, and mark clean linens, and store them in linen closets.
14) Wash windows, walls, ceilings, and woodwork, waxing and polishing as necessary.
19) Request repair services and wait for repair workers to arrive.
20) Deliver television sets, ironing boards, baby cribs, and rollaway beds to guests' rooms.
21) Disinfect equipment and supplies, using germicides or steam-operated sterilizers.
22) Hang draperies, and dust window blinds.
23) Move and arrange furniture, and turn mattresses.
24) Observe precautions required to protect hotel and guest property, and report damage, theft, and found articles to supervisors.
25) Plan menus, and cook and serve meals and refreshments following employer's instructions or own methods.
26) Prepare rooms for meetings, and arrange decorations, media equipment, and furniture for social or business functions.
27) Take care of pets by grooming, exercising, and/or feeding them.
28) Wash dishes and clean kitchens, cooking utensils, and silverware.
29) Answer telephones and doorbells.