We are a Grade ‘A’ Contracting Co. operating in Qatar for over 3 decades. Our main specialization is in Civil Infrastructure projects involving mostly the construction, refurbishment & maintenance of
with very good field experience of not less than 7 years in the above fields. Candidate should have a sound knowledge of HSE Management Plans for construction projects.
9. Qatar Driving License is a must
Core Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop Health, Safety and Environment systems to meet the requirements of OHSAS 18001 and ISO 14001.
• Assist with the implementation of the HSE Strategy on the project
• Interface with area superintendents on a daily basis to understand what field activities are to be performed in order to provide site safety cover.
• Delegate responsibilities to Safety Officers to provide an effective safety monitoring and supervisor support program.
• Carry out risk assessments, job safety analysis and toolbox talks.
• Supervise the permit to work coordinator, Safety Officers (training) in the performance of their daily activities.
• Implement the site hazard identification programs (including Subcontractors).
• Lead the site safety toolbox talk program by identifying proactive and reactive site issues for communication to the workforce.
• Implement the site non-conformance, corrective action, and preventive action management processes
• Investigate unsafe acts and conditions and provide solutions to prevent recurrences.
• Lead the HSE team in an immediate response to incidents and emergency situations that occur on site.
• Ensure safety posters, hazard flashes, site safety campaign promotional material and the results of safety incentive schemes are prominently placed on site
• Provide a daily summary report of field HSE issues and activities including; HSE documentation; risk assessments, JSAs, toolbox talks produced, etc, for the Site HSE Manager.
• Ensure compliance with all statutory and client Safety regulations.
• Undertake inspections & audits
• Ensure environmental plan is complied with
• Act as an HSSE leadership coach, providing guidance to line leaders (Project Engineers and Construction Engineers in areas and regions of responsibility; Subcontractor Management and Supervision in line with their scopes of work) in order to improve their HSSE leadership behaviours.
• Work to develop a consistent HSSE culture throughout all Projects.
• Ensure consistently high quality HSSE practices at all Projects work sites.
• Build long-lasting and constructive internal relationships.