Responsible for conducting inspections to enforce NKOM HSE rules and regulations for alignment with the safe operations in the yard. Leads the team for Training, Initiatives & Programs, Systems and Investigation & Enforcement.
1. Verifies reported incidents and sends notification to management and involved parties.
2. Plan and organize enforcement inspection throughout NKOM premises with the objectives in accordance to the HSE focus to adhere HSE regulations. To act as a Project Safety Officer when required for coverage of peak workloads, leave etc.
3. Registers incident with the corresponding case number and classification in the tracker. Maintains and updates soft/hard copies of incident tracker.
4. Generates and prepares relevant reports and data based on the observations, findings, results, etc. of all conducted enforcement operational procedures and discuss report with recommendations, advice, and decisions on the necessary corrective and/or preventive actions.
5. Conducts investigation in coordination with and by the support of the involved parties / section.
6. Perform walk enforcement inspection on-board vessel, onshore and offshore projects on regular basis to establish HSE presence and provide support.
7. Creates, reviews draft incident investigation reports submitted by section with root cause analysis, corrective / preventive actions and re-submits to Management for review and approval. Submits final report to Senior Management for final approval and close out. Monitors the implementation of corrective / preventive actions and creates incident sharing and lesson learnt.
8. Files formal actions such as Infringement notice, notice of violation to prosecute the violator subsequent to the offence committed and forwards to HR for the appropriate disciplinary procedures.
9. Examines the effectiveness of closed out reports. Reviews current incidents against previous ones to identify the appropriate control measures. Monitor the implementation of Infringement notice, notice of violation to prosecute the violator subsequent to the offence committed.
10. Coordinate and support in the initiatives and programs preparation. Enhancement of the Engineers and Foremen's competency level of observation and intervention skills to handle and manage offences committed by workers
Key Result Areas
• Enable a safety culture of accountability and fairness
• Thorough root cause analysis & investigations in line with standards & procedures
• Consistent application of Policy & IMS requirements
• Quality reports with detailed accounts of any incidents or event and conclusions based on facts uncovered.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Degree / Diploma OHS or equivalent.
• NEBOSH IGC or equivalent.
• OH&S Management System is preferable.
• Environmental Management System is preferable.
• Fire Fighting & First Aid
• A degree holder in OHS, minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar investigation related position. A non-degree holder with safety qualification, with operations and safety experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar investigation related position. Alternatively, minimum experience per client specification if role is project specific.
• Experience in HSSE, preferably in marine or shipyard industry
Job Specific Competencies:
1) Customer Focus
2) Effective English Communication Skills (oral and written)
3) People & Teamwork Oriented (Interpersonal Skills)
4) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ PowerPoint)
5) Leadership Skills
6) Negotiating Skills
7) Good level of physical fitness and stamina
8) Strong planning and organization Skill
9) Knowledge and understanding of incident and accident investigation procedure
10) Knowledge and understanding of shipyard operation
1) Knowledge and understanding of SHEQS Policy, 5 Key Safety Principles, High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA), HSSE Procedures and Work Instructions.
2) Knowledge of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental local legislation and shipyard HSSE practices
3) Knowledge of Hot Work Assessment criteria
4) Knowledge of Confined Space Assessment criteria
5) Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
6) Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure
7) Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting and rescue techniques
8) Knowledge and understanding of marine metal scaffold and its properties
9) Knowledge and understanding of basic first aid and life-saving techniques.
10) Knowledge and understanding of training, testing and evaluation process
11) Project Management Skills