1. Facilitates and establishes HSSE training and awareness programmes for direct employees, subcontractors and visitors in line with the safety operation in the yard.
2. Evaluates and measures the effectiveness of the training programmes in various level of training assessment for reference and guidance and for the continuous improvement.
3. Maintains training records covering each type of training conducted
4. Provides annual training including refresher training courses for employees such as new assignments, transfers, etc.
5. Evaluates and nominates external training institutions to perform training activities.
6. Develops HSSE Training Matrix/Plan.
Key Result Areas
1. Delivers effective training per KPI’s such as delivery to training plan, training feedback satisfaction rates
2. Accurate Training records
3. Delivers training for all staff per plan and budget
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Degree / Diploma OHS or equivalent.
• NEBOSH IGC or equivalent.
• OH&S Management System is preferable.
• Environmental Management System is preferable.
• Fire Fighting & First Aid
• Train the Trainer Course
• A degree holder in OHS, minimum of 3 years’ experience in a similar training related position. A non-degree holder with safety qualification, with operations and safety experience, minimum of 5 years’ experience in a similar training related position. Alternatively, minimum experience per client specification if role is project specific.
• Experience in HSSE with marine or shipyard industry
Job Specific Competencies:
1) Customer Focus
2) Effective English Communication Skills (oral and written)
3) People & Teamwork Oriented (Interpersonal Skills)
4) Computer Literacy (Microsoft Office/Excel/ PowerPoint)
5) Leadership Skills
6) Management Skills
7) Negotiating Skills
8) Good level of physical fitness and stamina
9) Knowledge of Shipyard Operations
10) Strong planning and organization Skill
11) Knowledge and understanding of incident and accident investigation procedure
12) Knowledge and understanding of basic first aid and life-saving technique
13) Basic First Aid
14) Knowledge and understanding of shipyard operation
1) Knowledge and understanding of SHEQS Policy, 5 Key Safety Principles, High Impact Risk Activities (HIRA), HSSE Procedures and Work Instructions.
2) Knowledge of relevant Health, Safety, Security and Environmental local legislation and shipyard HSSE practices
3) Knowledge of Hot Work Assessment criteria
4) Knowledge of Confined Space Assessment criteria
5) Knowledge of Risk Assessment and Risk Management
6) Knowledge and understanding of Incident and Accident Investigation Procedure
7) Knowledge and understanding of basic firefighting and rescue techniques
8) Knowledge and understanding of marine metal scaffold and its properties
9) Knowledge and understanding of basic first aid and life-saving techniques.
10) Knowledge and understanding of training, testing and evaluation process
11) Project Management Skills