1.) Oversee execution of daily operations, making sure production cycles are met from part design to fabrication. Manage handling of raw material and equipment logistics, people resources and administrative processes. To implement technology drive for welding processes improvement, to give better weld deposition per man-hour worked and review & approve welding process to improve quality and productivity.
2.) Manage a large workforce and leverages project management experience in the delivery of high value projects, broad technical knowledge of steel works onboard vessels / offshore platforms including, but not limited to welding, steel fabrication, conventional and CNC machining.
3.) Evaluates the resource loading for steelworks across Ship Repair, Offshore & Conversion segments and evaluates the department strengths and shortfalls in the cutting & welding processes and instrument changes to enhance them.
4.) Develop annual workforce and work strategies including competency frameworks to meet the operational requirements, monitor progress and manage performance to ensure timely delivery of services and products.
5.) Set performance targets and deliverables for all services including performance of own team and subcontracting partners.
6.) Proactively, manage change plans related to people and/or priorities to mitigate any adverse impact to operations.
7.) Develop and present of reports and updates to stakeholders to support internal strategic and performance review processes.
8.) Champion collaborative and cross-organizational working within and between business and support functions to ensure delivery of organizational objectives and efficient use of resources.
9.) Monitor and report on the availability, utilization and maintenance of equipment and tools, including the calibration of inspection, measuring and test equipment.
10.) Develop systems and procedures that track and monitor productivity metrics and performance targets to ensure the optimization of returns for the company.
11.) Provide inspiring leadership to the department to foster a positive, innovative and high performing culture.
12.) Adopt a restorative approach to leadership embedding the principals of open and positive communication for all employees.
13.) Drive cost optimization and balance effective cost allocation to achieve sustainable profit and maximize value from work/project revenue stream.
14.) Drive the safety culture within the department through ensuring compliance with all health, safety, security, environment and quality aspects of IMS, policies, procedures and work instructions.
15.) Maintain and implement quality standards as core competency within the team to ascertain high quality services, products and customer satisfaction.
16.) Manages quality, safety and environment in accordance with the requirements of the Integrated Management System Manual.
17.) Develops departmental plans.
18.) Studies the Reference Sheets to assess the scope of hull work in each project for the purpose of manpower and facilities planning and also, if necessary, to initiate procurement and/or preparation of materials.
19.) Assigns Foreman/Engineer and Supervisor for each ship/project, night shift and duty roster.
Identifies jobs that will be sub-contracted and go through the sub-contractors selection process together with PJM.
20.) Approves the Works Orders. Ensure that Works Orders are raised promptly by the Foremen/Engineers.
21.) Ensures that jobs are accomplished within budgeted man-hours for the section as a whole.
22.) Monitors jobs, especially those critical and urgent ones, on the vessels/projects in accordance with the work schedules issued.
23.) Attends any meetings required and carry out follow up actions if required.
24.) Highlights to the Foremen/Engineers and Supervisors the safety matters and precautions to be taken for specific jobs to be carried out on the vessel/project.
25.) Monitors the cost and man-hours of each job.
26.) When required, reviews tender documents relating to his trade and advise the Estimator on time schedule, foreseeable problem areas or difficulties in carrying out the jobs.
27.) Joins a weekly yard walkthrough with YMO & SM.
28.) Identifies & implement training program for Section Workers/New Joiners.
29.) Plans for Section Capital Expenditures.
30.) Reviews work policy and procedures on regular basis.
31.) Performs any other duties and responsibilities assigned.
Key Result Areas:
• Ensuring production cycle targets and Key Performance Metrics are met or exceeded.
• Efficient Management & handling of raw material, equipment, logistics, people resources and administrative processes.
• Manages quality, safety and environment in accordance with the requirements of the Integrated Management System Manual.
Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• A Degree in Naval Architecture, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Electrical Engineering, Certificate of Competency (Marine Engineer Officer) Class 1 (Motor ship), or its equivalent.
• Candidates without a degree but have undergone a traineeship in the marine industry and have extensive supervisory experience in a similar field will also be considered.
• Minimum 10 years working experience in Ship repair yard with conversion and new building facilities with minimum of 2 years as functional head.
• Experience in managing the execution and delivery of work within hull steelworks disciplines.
• Experience in managing cross-functional team members through applying a sound experience in decision making and leadership.
• Fully trained and knowledgeable with relevant Safety and Occupational Health & Safety standards.
• Strong background with resolution of technical issues during projects planning and execution phases.
• Demonstrated ability to handle multiple projects concurrently and meet deadlines.
Interested Candidates can also directly apply on below link: