What we are looking for?
The candidate must be able to demonstrate a minimum of 15 years’ post graduate relevant infrastructure related experience. You must be a holder of a Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering or related subject area. It is a requirement, for this position, for the candidate to be fluent in spoken and written English and Arabic. The post will be based in Kuwait and previous work experience in Kuwait is desirable.
The position reports to the Director of Operations – Infrastructure.
SSH Design is involved in a wide variety of challenging and exciting projects. Current and recent workload includes
• Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmad Al Sabah Causeway, Kuwait – US$3.5bn;
• Kuwait University Sabah Al Salem Campus Infrastructure, Kuwait – US$700m;
• Al Shadadiya Industrial Zone Infrastructure, Kuwait - US$280m;
• Sheikh Jaber Al Ahmad Al Sabah Highway Widening, Bahrain – US$190m;
SSH is a master planning, infrastructure, building design, construction supervision and project management company. We are proud to present a reputation for design integrity and a portfolio of landmark projects throughout the Middle East region.
What will my responsibilities look like in this role?
You will contribute to the continued success of our organisation by delivering the following:
• As the central primary point of contact with Building Design colleagues, facilitate efficient and effective design support for the infrastructure component of Building Design projects in Kuwait;
• Manage the workload of the Kuwait Infrastructure Team across both Infrastructure Division led projects and support to Building Design;
• As the senior Infrastructure Design Division team member in Kuwait, take line management responsibility for the team;
• Support the Kuwait Resident Director and his team, as required, in managing clients and their expectations;
• Where necessary coordinate design support for Kuwait projects from Infrastructure Design teams outside of Kuwait;
• Meet performance metrics set for the Kuwait team, including financial performance.
What do I need to apply?
We consider the Infrastructure Manager will bring the following skills and experience to the role:
• A mature and assured management style, with the necessary gravitas to earn the respect of direct reports, peers, senior management and clients;
• Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written;
• The ability to work independently and to identify and implement solutions;
• A multi-tasker;
• A proven track record of successful project delivery.
• B.Sc or MSc in Civil Engineering
• Registered membership of an internationally recognised engineering body is an advantage