Role : IT Manager
Job Location : Oman
Job type : Full time Permanent
Industry : Information and Technology/Insurance
Roles & Responsibilities :
• The position is responsible for planning; coordinating, directing and designing IT related activities of an Insurance organization, as well as to provide administrative direction and support for daily operational activities of the IT department.
• Develop, manage and maintain the company’s internal information system infrastructure.
• Manage the deployment, monitoring, maintenance, upgrade and support of company enterprise system, application software, database management, networking hardware and software, servers and desktop PC system, email and internet communications.
• Evaluate the company’s IT needs and procure the needed hardware and software.
• Oversee provision of end-user services, including help desk and technical support services.
• Manage IT staffing, including recruitment, supervision, scheduling, development, evaluation and disciplinary actions.
• Work with stakeholders to define business and system requirements for new technology implementations.
• Keep current with the latest technologies
• Negotiate and administer vendor, outsource and consultant contracts and service agreements.
• Engineering Graduate/MCA/Bachelor’s Degree in computer science with minimum Associate degree from Insurance Institute of India.
• Should have minimum 10 years working experience in the General insurance industry.
• Demonstrated leadership experience in supervising and developing staff
• Strong technical knowledge of telecommunications, network and PC operating systems, Insurance and accounts.
• Strong technical knowledge of current network, hardware, protocols and standards.
• Proven experience in IT infrastructure planning and development.
• Strong understanding of project management principles.
• In-depth knowledge of applicable data privacy practices and laws.
• Ability and willingness to effectively mentor others.