We're running an Online Hiring Event this coming Saturday to hire Java Software Engineers ($30k/yr)
Online Hiring Events are live forums designed to enable you to understand the role and requirements through an interactive Q&A session followed by a self-directed testing process. The testing takes between 3-5 hours to complete. It’s worth taking the time to finish all the tests because we evaluate every single complete application to find the top talent.
This event will include all testing required to apply for the role. Upon grading the tests, and if you advance, we will set up an interview with the hiring manager.
As a Java software engineer, you can expect to be a member of one of our central development and maintenance teams. We have weekly product release cycles, so we want to ensure that bugs get fixed as quickly as possible for our clients and that the quality of our products is continuously improved.
Our team is responsible for enhancements and bug fixing across our 100+ products portfolio. Java engineers within our team are expected to have high standards of code quality and will have daily and weekly targets.
You will have aggressive targets to work against, and you can expect to receive frequent feedback about your performance, so you can continuously improve your productivity and the quality of your code.Candidate Requirements:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering, or Computer Engineering
- 2+ years of experience as a hands-on software engineer in Java
- 2+ years of experience writing unit tests
- 1+Years experience working in an environment where CI/ CD tools are used
- At least 1 year of working experience using cloud services such as AWS
- Proficiency in the following skills and technologies is mandatory:
- General database knowledge in technology such as SQL Server/Oracle/MySQL/MongoDB/Cassandra
- SOA, EDA, and Design patterns.
- Some experience in Linux, Django, REST and shell scripting
- MVC and knowledge of another server-side programming language (Ruby, PHP) is desired but not mandatory
- Demonstrate success as a problem solver
- Be a results-oriented individual
- Comfortable "working virtually" with teammates and customers around the world.
- Good proficiency in the English language
These are the recommended and minimum system requirements for participating in the online hiring event.
- Any IDE
- Java 8
- MySQL 5.6+Bootcamp Program:
To apply for a role at Crossover, you will go through a series of online tests, usually during the online hiring event. If you pass these tests, you will be offered the opportunity to participate in our four-full-time week Bootcamp training program. This is elite training taught by our top instructors.
Here’s what our graduates have to say about Bootcamp: "I am very pleased to say that because of Crossover's unorthodox and unique way of transferring the knowledge through (Paired sessions, coaching sessions with CSMs), I have never been more confident in my technical skills and abilities for my role."
-Mikael F "The CTO Bootcamp was another thing that motivated me. I wanted to see how CTOs across the globe work and learn from them."
-Javed Z "I've been with the company since Aug (been part of the second Bootcamp) and since then I've learned SQL, databases, servers, tapes, other content management systems etc- and that's only been in 3 months. Usually when I'm in a new company, I learned a lot about their platform, their tools etc during the length of my time with them but never at this speed!"
It is offered as soon as you want to get started. You will be compensated for 40 hrs/ week at the hourly rate for the role you are applying to. Bootcamp training is an excellent opportunity to learn about our culture, expectations, tools, processes, and procedures. It's an intensive and demanding program, but every graduate is guaranteed a job at the end of it.Join our community of remote professionals!