• Port Sr. Management
• All Department Heads
• HSE Department
• Purchase Department
• Local Authorities, Contractors and Suppliers
Key Tasks and Responsibilities
• Manage a team of maintenance engineers, technicians and support staff (including external contractors) on a day-to-day basis, determines workloads and schedules, implementing and interpreting company’s policies and procedures, prepares and manages annual Maintenance OpEx budget for all operating units; identifies and establishes annual budgets for maintenance of entire facility, evaluating and training staff, responsible for performance management of all direct reports.
• Ability to track, analyze and improve key maintenance metrics such as asset utilization, costs, PM compliance, schedule compliance, mean time to failure and mean time to repair.
• Evaluates and integrates new technology related to the port operation; ensures equipment compatibility; performs process evaluations. Implements safety and environmental regulatory requirements for facilities as required.
• Prepares and manages Capital Expenditure projects, plans and implements major repairs, modifications, upgrades of facility equipment to ensure the most current technology is in place; develops and implements ongoing program for upgrading terminal technology and operations.
• Prepare, manage and maintain a 5 year Maintenance and Inspection plan and Asset Integrity Management System that encompasses activities requiring shutdowns and/or system outages. Manage work schedules, day to day man management, appraisals and manpower planning.
• Reviews and maintains task descriptions for all Maintenance and technical personnel; reviews and establishes guidelines for all contactors.
• Familiar with API and ASME standards and provide professional expertise for new and expansion projects from design stage through procurement, construction, commission and handover for operations.
• Must be fully conversant with NFPA standards and UAE Fire & Life Safety Code for maintaining and ensuring Centralised Firefighting System including Fire Pumps, Ring Main, Foam Monitors, smoke/flame/gas detectors, FM 200, Foam skids and Deluge System in fully operational condition for the annual renewal of Civil Defence Certificate.
• Manage the implementation of a new CMMS system for continually tracking work order progress, equipment repair history, preventative maintenance routes, and spare parts inventory. Purchases necessary parts; oversees inventory; controls costs; reviews P&L .
• Experience in Mechanical, Automation, Civil, Automobiles and Electrical fields. Must have sound knowledge of Berths/Jetties Structural Strength Surveys and actions required for the improvement of infrastructure.
• Must have sound knowledge of oil terminal equipment including rotating equipment, Quick Release Hooks, Marine Loading Arms, MOVs, Matrix Manifold, Pipelines, Gantry Cranes, PLC / SCADA, CCTV network and other mechanical, electrical and instrumentation / control systems.
• Responsible for inventory and spares parts management; Optimized inventory aligned to support delivery of planned and corrective maintenance.
• Vendor & contract management; Responsible for all the maintenance, integrity and inspection contracts. Manage contractors, sub-contractors and third party service providers to ensure compliance with company policies.
• Typical equipment that requires periodic maintenance includes but not limited to the following:
o Electrical sub-stations including Transformers and DG sets.
o Uninterrupted Power Supply (UPS) system.
o PLC / SCADA and other automation.
o Marine Loading Arms.
o Foam Skids and Foam Monitors.
o Cargo Stripping Pumps, Fire Pumps including Jockey Pumps.
o Nitrogen Plant including Air Compressors.
o Oily Water Separator DAF units.
o Chlorination Plant
o CCTV & Access Control System.
o Conveyor systems and ship loaders
o QRH including Laser Docking System (LDS).
o Air Eliminators, Auto Samplers and Pig Indicators.
o PSV, PCV, PRV and TRVs.
o MOVs and Manual Valves maintenance & integrity test.
o Pipeline insulation and Heat Tracings.
o Central Air-conditioning and Split AC.
o All machinery associated with a modern Engineering Workshop.
o Maintenance of port vehicles.
o Gangways Towers.
• Manage the centralized procurement team to accomplish cost effective and on-time procurement of Assets, Spare parts, Consumables & maintenance material and services.
• Evaluation and development of reliable source and channels of supplies.
• Strengthening the procurement process and documentation for effective internal control and compliance.
• Techno-commercial evaluations, cost-benefit analysis and other valuable inputs to support management decisions on procurements, major refurbishments & repairs, disposals and replacement of assets.
A Master’s Degree in Engineering (Mechanical or Electrical) is preferred.
• At least 20 years of maintenance & procurement experience in Oil & Gas Port Terminals, of which at least 5 years in a managerial position reporting to the CEO or Head of SBU in a leading Port. GCC / Middle East experience and working within multi-national team environment will be an advantage.
Remuneration: AED 40,000 PER MONTH, PLUS FURNISHED ACCOMODATION + COMPANY MAINTAINED CAR