PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
• Ensure adequate MRO materials are available and on site for production/maintenance requirements
• Manage service contracts for the plant (Grainger, Motion, Cleaning, Grounds, etc.)
• Develop and maintain cooperative relationships with suppliers, align needs and values with suppliers capabilities, assess suppliers against established performance criteria, and handle non-conforming or sub-standard vendor performance
• Perform administrative tasks associated with purchases
• Ensure that all purchasing activities are conducted within the Global Procure to Pay Policy and Procedures
• Ensure that Corporate Supply Chain initiatives are implemented
• Assist with the development of the annual budget on spend
• Manage specialized equipment inventory and reporting
• Designs and implements maintenance strategies, procedures and methods and maintains a MRO inventory
• Maintain and improve storeroom organization and cleanliness to enhance daily operational efficiency and to ensure a safe work environment
• Supervise, monitor, develop staff performance, training, and cross training, ensuring a work environment that is team oriented, supportive, respectful, and accountable
• Ensure Procurement Spend Portfolio spend is leveraged in improved contracts / agreements at lowest possible total cost;
• Develop supplier partnerships to identify and develop ongoing total cost reductions;
• Continually review supplier markets, develop alternative supply options; identify value-engineering opportunities, cost avoidance and e-commerce solutions;
• Build annual budget;
• Manage price risks linked to markets through the right strategy;
• Manage every month reporting on price purchasing variance running detailed analysis on budget prices, real prices, volumes, contract coverage.
EDUCATION AND WORK EXPERIENCE:
• Bachelor’s degree with relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Strong written, verbal, and listening skills
• Ability to effectively negotiate and influence business decisions and change.
• Strong Analytical, Planning and Execution skills.
• Effective at establishing trust and building effective business relationships and getting things done through others.
• Priority Setting – Spends his/ her time and the time of others on what’s most important. Eliminates roadblocks and creates focus.
• 3-5 years of purchasing / materials inventory management
• Basic knowledge of inventory management including purchasing contracts
• Solid ability to work/partner with Plant Management Team
• Excellent Experience with SAP system
• Excellent Excel knowledge(Macros, Pivots etc – entry test required)
• Proven planning and organizational skills
• Proven ability to manage talent
Walkin for you