3 - Job Summary and Purpose
Work towards improving Nakilat Agency market position and achieve the company set objectives and strategy, through working constantly on improving and enhancing NAC services and processes, generating/developing new business, building and maintaining relationships with customers, collecting and analysing customers feedback, to enhance NAC service delivery and achieve business excellence.
4 - Accountabilities
1. Oversee NAC provided services and ensure that services are provided as per NAC set standards to meet clients’ expectations, and constantly work on improving and enhancing NAC processes.
2. Obtain NAC customers’ feedback, and measure the level of NAC customers’ satisfaction related to services delivered, and provide recommendations accordingly.
3. Oversee competitors’ provided services and provide recommendations to enhance NAC services and remain competitive.
4. Participate in generating new business for NAC through identifying business opportunities, negotiating and closing business deals, and maintaining extensive knowledge of current market conditions.
5. Build and maintain relationships with current and potential clients.
6. Maintain a database of current, previous and future potential clients along with their contacts and other related information.
7. Participate in preparing NAC annual business plan, setting its KPI’s, and maintain extensive knowledge of market conditions.
8. Develop and design appropriate tools to collect/measure and analyze customers feedback.
9. Identify and analyze market requirements and provide recommendations on potential business opportunities.
10. Maintain the agency agreements file and ensure that agreements are renewed on a timely basis in liaison with the respective functions.
11. Liaise with Operational Staff and Legal function to ensure that NAC business prerequisites (i.e. prequalification, agreements) are fulfilled and responded to on a timely manner.
Quality, Health, Safety & Environment (QHSE):
12. Adhere to all relevant IMS policies, procedures, instructions and controls so that NAKILAT provides safe, world class, secure and environmentally responsible service to customers, the public and its own people.
Policies, Systems, Processes & Procedures:
13. Follow all relevant departmental policies and procedures so that work is carried out in a controlled and consistent manner.
14. Carry out any other duties as directed by the immediate supervisor.
5 - Key Result Areas
• Oversee NAC services delivery, and obtain customers feedback.
• Work towards enhancing NAC service delivery.
• Improve Nakilat Agency market position and achieve financial growth.
• Develop NAC business plan, KPI’s, and contribute to its implementation.
• Build and maintain relationships with NAC current and potential clients.
6 – Interactions and Working Relationships
• Supervisors of Operations and Government Liaison
• Nakilat Head Office - HR / SHEQ / IT / Immigration / business development, Legal
• Local Authorities and Principles;
• Current and potential Customers
7 – Financial Authorities
8 – Qualifications, Experience and Skills
• Bachelor degree in Commercial Management (preferable in Shipping and Maritime), or any other related field.
• Minimum of 3 years in a Shipping Agency or Maritime industry (Middle East experience is an advantage).
Job Specific Skills:
• Good knowledge of safety, commercial and statutory requirements and regulations applicable to ports and vessels.
• Good knowledge of Windows Software and Microsoft office suite. Knowledge of SAP application will be added advantage.
• Fluency in English (speaking, writing, reading). Arabic will be an advantage.