• Responsible for installing, repairing and maintaining pipes, fixtures and other plumbing used for water distribution and waste water disposal.
• Review blueprints and building codes and specifications to determine work details and procedures.
• Maintains and repairs general plumbing components, repairs and replaces pneumatic steam valves, traps, and steam and condensate pipes
• Fill pipes or plumbing fixtures, and observe pressure gauges to detect and locate leaks.
• Measure, cut, thread, and bend pipe to required angle, using hand and power tools or machines to such as pipe cutters, pipe-threading machines etc.
• Repair and maintain plumbing, replacing defective washers, replacing or mending broken pipes, and opening clogged drains.
• Install underground storm, sanitary and water piping systems and extend piping to connect fixtures and plumbing to these systems.
• Ensures proper care in the use and maintenance of equipment and supplies; promotes continuous improvement of workplace safety and environmental practices.
• Work and act according to defined policies and procedures of NMDC.
• Ensure timely compeltion of job entrusted by the supervisor concerned
• Report to Foreman on work done and issues
• Comply with the HSE requirements.
• This is a generalist view of a Job that you have been assigned for – at times you will be ask to do above/beyond the scope of this role due to Operational requirements.
Educational Qualifications & Certifications:
• High School or Technical school certificate or an equivalent professional qualification or an equivalent professional experience.
• Certification/Membership: in relevant field is an advantage
Relevant Experience & Skills:
Function specific experience
• Plumbing installation, maintenance, and repair skills.
• Ability to use hand and power tools applicable to trade.
• Ability to lead others in troubleshooting and emergency repairs.
• Ability to develop and implement planned maintenance programs.
Technical & Professional Skills:
• Troubleshooting -- Determining causes of operating errors and deciding factor.
Industry related experience
• Dredging/Civil Marine industry preferable
Years of experience
• 4-6 years of relevant experience.
• MS Office – would be plus
Walkin for you